I just organized my storage containers last weekend. I can tell you exactly what I did and you can determine if this system will work for you.
- Pull EVERYTHING out of the cabinet.
- Wipe down the cabinet while it's empty.
- Look through your pile and determine what pieces you never use. Don't put them back. Put them in a bag and donate them to Good Will, Salvation Army or sell them on eBay.
- Look through your pile again and seperate the items into two more piles. One pile is the items you use all the time. One pile is the items you want to keep, but only use occasionally.
- Go through each pile, examine each item and find its matching lid. If anything is damaged or missing a lid, determine if you still need it. If not, then throw it away.
- Starting with the occasional use items, stack them the best way possible and put them away. Since these are only occasional use items, they can go in the back of the cabinet. Keep the lids seperate. (You can stack more together without the lids. )
- Then put away the often used items closer to the front of the cabinet. Again, keep the lids seperate.
- Use one or two storage containers to hold the lids.
Now aren't you glad you got that done?
About the Author: K. C. Gagne owns a website aimed at providing Life Balance for the Work from Home Mom . You may contact her thru her website or email at firstname.lastname@example.org