1. You can relax and enjoy your life more if you don't expect yourself to have all the skills, knowledge, and wisdom to carry you forward into the future.
2. You can open your life to new opportunities and adventures.
3. You can be honest about what you've yet to learn, and appreciate what you already know.
4. You can actively seek out teachers and role models without worrying about what others will think.
5. You can stop defending or making excuses for your “bad" habits, while occasionally or always working to transform your behavior into “good" habits.
6. You can see that each person around you is a “Work in Progress, " too.
7. You can begin each day with a clean slate or sense of purpose.
8. You can see endless possibilities before you.
9. You can approach life with the enthusiasm and energy of a young child.
10. You can continually reinvent yourself based on present day circumstances, values, and opportunities.
Copyright 2005 Donna Doyon. All rights reserved. You are free to reprint this story in whole or in part, as long as you include complete attribution, including a live web site link.
The attribution should read:
By Donna Doyon, author of GLOW: Renew Your Spirit and Release Your Inner Beauty. Please visit Donna's web site at http://www.donnadoyon.com/ for information on how you can say “goodbye" to self-defeating attitudes and behaviors and “hello" to a more successful, balanced, and joy-filled life!'
Donna Doyon, Activities Coordinator for Your Virtual Retreat is the author of GLOW: Renew Your Spirit & Release Your Inner Beauty. She offers information, inspiration and encouragement to people who want to say goodbye to self defeating attitudes and behaviors and hello to greater success, healthier relationships and more joyful living. Get inspired at her website: http://www.donnadoyon.com