Following a loss, we certainly have to go through the grieving process, each in our own way and length of time; this is part of what helps us to move on with our lives. Move on, we must.
Six steps I took in beginning the journey back into the mainstream of life:
1. Honor your loved one and the life you had together in as many ways as you can. “Talk" with them about the beauty and love they brought to your lives. Remember special moments you had together. I was helped especially by having dedicated a place in a local botanic garden. The bench faces the breath-taking mountains.
2. Meet regularly with a close friend and talk things over-everything that is on your mind.
3. Schedule meetings with people you have not seen or want to thank for their thoughtfulness. This will help you to branch out into the world even more.
4. Plan to attend a seminar or lecture that is compelling to you. Reach out in a new direction and invite another friend.
5. Set a goal or two for yourself, perhaps exercise, walking regularly, or healthy eating. A personal coach, who has only your success in mind, can help tremendously on any goal-setting journey.
6. Take a series of dance classes. This will lead to new friends, new follow-on activities with these friends, and a common focus on learning a new skill.
Use these ideas as stepping stones. There is no rush, but keep a steady pace! Do not look back. Start the dance into your new life.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I do not believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them. " George Bernard Shaw
To help you on your journey, I would like to invite you to visit my website. Click here: http://TheFutureWithin.net Your constructive criticism is most welcome; to give me your thoughts, write to: Patricia@YourFutureWithin.com To enjoy all past issues of my newsletter, visit the Ezine Page of http://www.TheFutureWithin.net