Got Purpose?

 


Visitors: 502

Is your life on purpose? Does just the question stop you in your tracks? Have you been so caught up in the pace of our world that you've not even thought lately about whether or not your life is going in the right direction?

Of course, living a life on purpose starts with knowing what your purpose is. Are you crystal clear about what the purpose of your life is? If you aren't sure, then you’ve just identified the place at which you should start a new life of purpose. Start by getting clear about what your purpose is. Don't feel bad if you don’t already have this clarity. In a recent survey of more than 3000 people when asked the question, “What have you to live for?" 94 percent said they had no definite purpose for their lives - 94 percent! That leaves only 6 percent of us who know why we're here. It’s no wonder we're not a particularly happy society.

How can you know if you’ve hit your purposeful stride? The life you lead should be a full expression of your purpose. Those of us on the outside looking in should be able to figure out atleast the broad scope of your purpose just by looking at your actions. The person you are should be a reflection of your purpose.

Knowing your purpose however is really only the start. Many people feel they know their purpose but also realize that their life doesn't reflect it. In other words, they aren't living true to it. When you’re living your purpose your life and the person you are become perfect reflections of it.

The good news is that it's not too late. It is possible to start living on purpose immediately, even before you clearly know your purpose. Because asking yourself, “who am I and what is my life for?" begins to move your life into a new direction. It all starts when you ask the question. Don’t stop with just asking the question. Answer it as well. Then get busy becoming.

"Seek and you will find. Ask and it will be given unto you. "

Make this week really count. Discover and start living your purpose.

Thanks for sitting with me.

Live some. Love some. Learn some. Everyday.

C. . .

Clyde Lee Dennis, a. k. a. “SmoothLee" has been bumping around on the web since 1999 and is a self described “Web Head, and Life long AVID music fan". Smooth Jazz Music in particular. In addition to writing CD Reviews for I Love Smooth Jazz.com he is also the Program Director, and can be heard during his daily radio show which airs on one of the internets most listened to smooth jazz radio stations, Smooth Jazz 24/7

(486)

Article Source:


 
Rate this Article: 
 
Purpose and Ambition Healthy Purpose and Heartfelt Ambition
Rated 4 / 5
based on 5 votes
ArticleSlash

Related Articles:

Building a Practice On Purpose Series Part #2 - When Life Purpose is About More .

by: Brad Swift (November 07, 2005) 
(Business/Management)

PURPOSE PODS: Power Tool For Living On Purpose

by: Brad Swift (October 28, 2005) 
(Self Improvement/Attraction)

Motivation: 3 Suggestions for Living a Life of Purpose, On Purpose

by: Jeff Herring (September 03, 2005) 
(Self Improvement/Motivation)

Making Your Purpose Your Business Step #1 - Discovering Your Purpose

by: Meilena Hauslendale (April 11, 2005) 
(Business)

You Know Your Life Is On Purpose When You Can Witness Your Inherited Purpose

by: Brad Swift (October 15, 2005) 
(Self Improvement/Coaching)

The Soul Purpose Is Like The Purpose Of A Child

by: Deon Du Plessis (May 27, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Spirituality)

Building A Practice On Purpose Series Part #6 - Forge A Practice On Purpose ..

by: Brad Swift (November 07, 2005) 
(Business/Management)

Purpose of Life Are You Ready to Stop Wasting Your Life As You Finally Discover .

by: Matthew Desilva (June 26, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Coaching)

Prosperity on Purpose for a Purpose

by: Justin Herald (May 10, 2005) 
(Self Improvement/Attraction)

Purpose and Ambition Healthy Purpose and Heartfelt Ambition

by: Paul Davis (June 20, 2008) 
(Arts and Entertainment/Poetry)