Probably the hardest skill to teach, and the one of the most vital to posess, is vision. Vision requires discipline in order to generate images of what you would like to become, both professionally and personally. This is an intensive process to determine which direction you want to go, and will require a little time and effort on your part. You can have a bad week and it is okay. Your goal for that week may be in jeopardy, but that won't stop you from reaching your destination, your ultimate vision or your picture of what you will be. If your vision is to be the top salesperson in your district, for example, you will figure out that at the present time you are not qualified to do it. The answer would be. . . "what do I need to do to get qualified?".
Map out specific checkpoints, or goals, and stick with it. The bigger picture will outweigh the short term disappoinments. The true pro knows it is just a matter of time and preparation before they reach their destination!
1. )*V IVID- Your visions should be so real you can touch them, and write them down. Live as if what will be, already is!
2. )*I NSIGHTFUL- Change happens when you have a need. . . either active or passive. (Have to change for health reasons, or need to change because you just desire more)
3. )*S TRUCTURED- Vision must be put on paper. . . it is virtually worthless if it is not. Something happens when you write it down, your visions become more concrete. Roadmap checkpoints for yourself.
4. )*I NTENSE- You cannot have a “half-hearted” vision. Develop a positive, beautiful vision of your life, or don’t do it at all. As Pat Riley said; “You’re either in or you’re out, there is no in between!”
5. )*O NGOING- Persistence and determination are the keys. Edison failed miserably many times before he succeeded.
6. )*N ECCESSARY- Change is inevitable. . . growth is optional. Jim Rohn says, " The good stuff in life they keep on the top shelf. To reach it you must stand on the books you have read. " Remember that this is one the attributes that separate the pro from the average!
7. )*MOTIVATION- You must be creating your dream or vision for the right purpose. Zig Ziglar said “If you help enough other people get what they want, you will get what you want!"
About The Author
Michael Niles is a Seattle based trainer and speaker. For more info call 206-229-3119 or www.focussalestraining.com .