It's that goal setting time of year again.
So what is the difference between those that achieve their goals and those that forget about their goals?
One major factor is the difference between demanding perfection and appreciating progress. When you set a goal, do you demand perfection or appreciate progress?
Here are a few strategies to benefit from this critical distinction.
So many people get stuck in the myth that in order to change, you have to do it perfectly with no slip ups.
That's just not reality.
Here are a few signs that you are stuck in demanding perfection:
- If you slip up just once you say the heck with it and trash the whole plan.
- You feel constantly defeated when trying to change.
- You try to change too much at once. There is just no way to lose 30 pounds in one month without amputation.
Even the smallest amount of progress is still progress. It's still change.
Here's a few tips on how to focus on appreciating progress:
- Celebrate all improvements, even the smallest changes.
- If a change looks too big to accomplish, break it down into smaller more manageable parts.
- Do a little bit more, go a little bit further each day.
You can demand perfection or you can appreciate progress. The choice, as always, is up to you.
Visit The Article Guy for more leading edge tips and tools for writing articles that bring you prospects, publicity and profits. You can also subscirbe to our monthly Article Empire Tips Newsletter. You are also invited to visit my Express-Start Article Writing Program for more information on the next article writing tele-seminar.