Anybody who has visited my website at Motivation & Self Esteem for Success or has read any of the many articles I have written will realise what a proponent I am of reading books and educating yourself. If you want to become successful at anything you simply must do this, in my opinion.
However, not everything you learn and/or read is of equal value. As the world's store of information becomes exponentially greater, almost by the minute, you must learn to become more and more discerning about what you read and believe.
With this in mind, I believe you need to understand five basic things:
- - Find out what you are interested in,
- - Look for information on subjects of interest,
- - Search for constants to confirm your understanding,
- - Filter out needless information and garbage from real knowledge,
- - Act only on what you believe to be the truth.
To demonstrate the above points I have devised a little mystery for you. I hope you will find this not only a stimulating exercise but also a bit of fun.
Listed below is a set of 16 clues to a murder investigation involving the occupants of five consecutive houses. They are all you need to solve the mystery of "Who Killed Who. "
The "Who Killed Who" Murder Mystery Clues:
- - The Motivator plays bowls on Saturday.
- - When facing the houses, the house with the blue roof is immediately to the right of the house with the grey roof.
- - The man in the middle house plays golf twice a week.
- - The woman in the house with the blue roof is a hockey player.
- - The Scientist lives in the first house, near the cheesecake shop.
- - The person who drives a Jaguar lives next to the man with the Dalmatian.
- - The person who lives in the house with the red roof drives a Renault.
- - The Scientist lives in the house next to the house with the green roof.
- - The Accountant's house has a Volkswagen parked in the driveway.
- - The man who drives the Lexus owns a Shitzhu.
- - The Doctor lives in the house with the brown roof.
- - The house with the Renault in the driveway is next to the house next door to where the Doberman lives.
- - The murderer's Poodle went missing on Sunday.
- - The Lawyer hates dogs but loves cheesecake.
- - The man who drives the Porsche is a keen jogger and was seen running past the victim's house just after midnight on Wednesday.
- - The victim used to enjoy playing lacrosse on Tuesday evenings.
If you solve the mystery all the clues will fit together like a successful crossword puzzle. If you are having difficulty you can email me for some clues.
If you would like to drive all your friends crazy with this you may copy it and send it to them providing nothing is changed and the full contents, including the resource box below remains intact.
Happy problem solving and remember - books are a wonderful source of education.
Hint: Make a drawing of the five houses.
About the author: Gary Simpson is the author of eight books covering a diverse range of subjects such as self esteem, affirmations, self defense, finance and much more. His articles appear all over the web. Gary's email address is email@example.com . Click here to go to his Motivation & Self Esteem for Success website where you can receive his "Zenspirational Thoughts" plus an immediate FREE copy of his highly acclaimed, life-changing e-book "The Power of Choice. "