Like the “Yellow Brick Road" of The Wizard of Oz eventually led Dorothy back home - home in the sense of where she belonged & also to who she truly was - the Purposeful Path will lead you from who you've considered yourself to be to who you truly are - your true, Divinely Inspired Life Purpose.
The 6 Passages to a Life On Purpose. We break the journey along the Purposeful Path into 6 discrete passages. (A passage is defined as the “action or process of passing from one place, condition or stage to another. ")
1. Preparing for the Journey Along the Purposeful Path: As we've begun to explore, as with any challenging journey, it’s best to thoroughly prepare yourself for your travels along the Purposeful Path. This includes accurately determining where you are starting from and where you intend to end up, as well as what some of the obstacles that can get in the way of completing the journey. “Purposeful Preparation" is important to a successful journey.
2. Starting on the Correct Path with the Life On Purpose Perspective: As with any journey it makes sense to begin on the path that will get you where you want to go most expediently, so we'll explore how most people have thought of a life purpose (the Cultural Perspective), and then look in depth at the Life On Purpose Perspective that opens a door to a new world of purpose and possibility.
3. Clarifying What Has Been Shaping Your Life – Your Inherited Purpose: Another key passage along the Purposeful Path is clearly identifying what has been shaping your life and keeping you from clarifying and living your true, Divinely Inspired Life Purpose. We call this the Inherited Purpose – a powerful force based in fear, lack and a need to struggle to survive that shapes our lives much of the time, especially when we're unclear about our true purpose. Many who have already traveled along the Purposeful Path feel that identifying their specific and unique Inherited Purpose to be one of the most powerful, transforming parts of the Process.
4. Clarifying & Polishing Your True, Divinely Inspired Purpose: After “cleaning the slate” by identifying and beginning to be responsible for your Inherited Purpose, the real fun begins as you go through a process called “Priming Your Passion" to clarify your true, Divinely Inspired Life Purpose. The process can be not only life affirming, but also life transforming. This completes Stage 1 or the clarifying your life purpose stage.
5. Learning the Tools for Living On Purpose: This is the start of Stage 2 of the Process in which you begin to live true to your life purpose. This is where the “rubber meets the road” and where some of the biggest transformations take place as you’re introduced to 15 Power Tools for Living On Purpose. You will use these tools to begin to build your life on purpose.
6. Mastering the Tools for Living On Purpose: Of course, being introduced to a set of tools is just the beginning, especially if you’re interested in building a masterpiece of a life on purpose. In this next part you will learn how to master the art and science of creating a life that is shaped by your true, Divinely Inspired Life Purpose.
NOTE: For more about the 6 Passages to a Life On Purpose go to: http://lifeonpurpose.com/index.php?page=114
©2005 Brad Swift of Life On Purpose Institute, Inc. This article can be reprinted freely online, as long as the entire article and this resource box are included.
Dr. Brad Swift founded Life On Purpose Institute in 1996 with the vision of creating a World On Purpose by assisting people like yourself to clarify their life purpose & live true to it. Determine how on or off purpose your life is with the fun & insightful Self Test at: http://lifeonpurpose.com/_forms/self-test.php?source=ezart Inspire yourself with a free subscription to Purposeful Pondering Ezine: http://lifeonpurpose.com/index.php?dir=_ezines&task=view-ezines