Here are 8 important reasons to stop drinking alcohol. The all encompassing list would be much longer than this one, but anyone with a drinking problem who is still using will recognize these agonizing problems as part of their daily life:
1. To stop alcohol from causing you to question what kind of person you are, to stop alcohol from making you feel like you aren't good enough, to stop alcohol from affecting how you feel about yourself
2. You can save money.
3. You don't have blackouts and you don't have to wake up with a hangover anymore.
4. You no longer have regrets or shame at what you did last night.
5. Feel good emotionally and feel healthier. You are not poisoning your own body.
6. You don't have to worry about what you texted drunk the night before, or who you called drunk the night before and what you said.
7. You can start achieving the important goals you need to accomplish in your life.
8. You can stop being sick all of the time.
Alcohol affects so many things in your life. It whispers in your ear that you are no good, that you are a failure, that you are useless. It keeps you down and it keeps you sick. It gives you a grim outlook on your life.
Even worse, it seems that it will be impossible to quit drinking for good. Every time you say to yourself you are going to quit drinking for good, the compulsion drives you to pick up another drink. Alcohol has a firm hold on you and it won't let go. You don't deserve this kind of punishment. It may be time to consider getting some help.
If you have a drinking problem and need help, this is where I got it