A few personal development questions for your consideration.
At my motivation seminars I often have individuals complete the following questions as a take home exercise. I thought I would share them with you this week. Spend some quiet time reflecting on them. Resist the tendency to answer them quickly without adequate consideration.
1. What does balance in life mean to you?
2. Do you feel out of balance in any are of your life now?
3. What is complicating your life now?
4. What or who are your biggest stressors in your life?
5. If they wrote a book about your life:
-What would the title be:
-What is its plot or theme (comedy, tragedy, drama, documentary etc):
-What is the title of the current chapter:
-What is the title of the last chapter:
-What is the title of the next chapter:
-What do you need to do or change to make this an accurate forecast:
6. What or how do you need to change to simplify your life?
7. What would you like to change but can’t for some reason?
8. Describe your ideal life:
9. Do you have it now?
10. What do you need to change to make it so?
11. In what areas are you sabotaging your life or relationships?
12. What or who is getting short-changed in your life now?
13. One thing you would change in your life to be happier?
14. How would someone close to you answer these questions?
15. Are you willing to share your answers with them?
16. If you won a million dollars in the lottery today, what is the first thing you would do? Why? And the second? And the third?
17. If you could live your life all over again, what would you change?
There are more but I will save them for a future article, unless you want them all now, order my comprehensive manual Life Questions or my best selling books, The Road to Happiness is full of Potholes and it’s companion Fun (Work) book.
Tim Connor, CSP is an internationally renowned sales, management and leadership speaker, trainer and best selling author. Since 1981 he has given over 3500 presentations in 21 countries on a variety of sales, management, leadership and relationship topics. He is the best selling author of over 60 books including; Soft Sell, That’s Life, Peace Of Mind, 81 Challenges Managers Face and Your First Year In Sales. He can be reached at email@example.com , 704-895-1230 or visit his website at www.timconnor.com .