Weddings are a lot of fun, and being the best man in a wedding is a privilege and an honor in itself. The thing that most men often forget when they are asked to be the best man in a wedding is that they will need to put together a speech to be read in front of everyone attending the wedding reception. While many think that writing a speech can be challenging, when you break it all down, it is a lot easier than it sounds.
So, as the best man, where do you start in writing your speech? What points should you include? Should it be funny, inspirational, or straight-forward? These are just some of the many questions that arise when creating a best man speech. Don't make it hard on yourself. Here are some pointers that should help you create a memorable best man speech:
- Take your time and write everything out. Create an outline first, then go back find out what you would like to talk more about and what you want things you only want to speak of briefly.
- Remember to let everyone know who you are and how you relate to the bride and groom. This will help people get the whole picture when you are reading your speech.
- Stand tall and use a loud, clear voice. Don't overdo it on the loudness, as you will most likely be using a microphone. You want to sound clear and not like you have twelve marshmellows stuffed in your mouth.
- Consider the audience and your relationship with the bride and groom. Are they humorous? If so, consider throwing some humor in the mix, as well as some more intimate or emotional things. A well-rounded best man speech should have all qualities.
- Make sure the speech flows together well. Too much jumping around will have everyone confused, as well as yourself.
The most important thing about a best man speech is that you should take everything slow (not too slow, but you know what I mean). A good best man speech should last around 5 to 10 minutes in length. Anything longer and you might start losing interest from the wedding party and the reception attendees.
Just remember to make your best man speech fun, so there is never a dull moment. If you follow the tips given in this article, you will be well on your way to creating a speech that everyone will remember for the rest of their lives.
Are you the best man in a wedding that's on the way? If you don't already have a speech prepared, you need to visit Best Man Wedding Speeches . Get prepared with several techniques and tatics to give a knock-out speech on the big day!