Seriously, forget everything you've read thus far. Any ordinary guy with a group of male friends will agree with one or more of the following reasons. These are REAL reasons taken from men as to why they have or would have left their relationships. You don't need a relationship expert to explain to you why a man leaves. Sometimes the answers are relatively simple. I don't provide any behavioral theories such as men not being breastfed or being neglected at childhood as a reason for leaving the relationship (although it may apply to some).
So for you ladies who keep asking yourself and/or others as to why men walk away from relationships, here's a list that I composed specifically for you in no particular order.
- Nagging - This is an honest reason. Ladies, some of you don't realize it but you may nag your partner to death. There is only so much he can take. You may have to ask him to do things more than once but he will eventually get to it. If he doesn't wind up doing it after the third or fourth request, take a moment to find out why before you go into a fit. Did he just get off work? Did he just get home from somewhere? Did he just finish something that may require him to relax for a few minutes? If none of these apply, then he may be just plain lazy and you should be questioning whether you really want him back.
- Sex - If it's unsatisfying or you are denying him to the point where he questions whether he is living in a monastery or at home, chances are this is a BIG reason. Is he being unreasonable or are you?
- Love - This is one of the more painful reasons. He may have fallen out of love or may have fallen in love with someone else.
- Attraction/Physical Appearance - Some of the reasons I came across were that men just weren't physically attracted to their partners anymore. This was usually coupled with falling out of love or at least it may be what triggered it. Remember ladies, this doesn't mean that you are not attractive. Men have different tastes, enjoy different things, have different pleasures, etc. . . all women are beautiful.
- Excitement - You may not be interested in the same activities as him. He may be an extremist and want to go sky diving or scuba diving with sharks and you may just want to sit at home with a glass of wine and a movie.
- Cheating - There are a number of reasons why men cheat. This could be a whole separate topic in itself but for purposes of this article I will limit it to the most common reason which is physical attraction. When a relationship becomes stagnant and/or there is little to no physical attraction or excitement in the relationship, temptation grows stronger. Particularly in work places where most adultery occurs.
- Self Esteem - Some men feel emasculated or belittled by their partners to the point where they leave. Some may feel that they are not worthy of the relationship. This is one of those reasons that may require some professional help.
- Kids/marriage - Some men may not want to get married or have kids. Some may want one without the other. Whatever their needs or wants, pushing them into one or both may lead them to walk away from the relationship. Anyhow, if the man you're with doesn't want the same things you want, you should be asking yourself why you are with him in the first place. Ladies, there are plenty of men out there that are looking to get married so don't stress yourself over him. Beside, if this was a serious relationship you should have known in the beginning as to whether or not he was interested in marriage/kids.
- Commitment - Some men just can't stay committed. For whatever the reason they need to be with different women. Again, this is one of those reasons that can be better explained by a relationship counselor.
So there you have it. These are actual reasons why men have left their partners. There are a few additional reasons that are not listed here but these are typically the most common. I certainly hope this helps you understand or at the very least give you better grasp of why men decide to leave.
More information and a free video can be found here at http://www.manageyourrelationship.com/magicofmakingup.htm