Most of us own cars. Having one facilitates easy transportation. The only problem that you could possibly face in a day is how to find parking space and paying for gas. Despite of these few problems, we still use a four wheeled vehicle or may be two-wheeled just as long as it takes us to where we area going.
Owning cars may involve one issue that might not have come into your awareness. If you will look through the statistics of the National Fire Protection Association, fire incidences in United States do not only come from residential homes. Vehicle fires are also one of the contributors to fire mishaps for this country. Although there had been a decrease in the numbers by about 7.5%, it is still a big number. In fact, according to them one vehicle fire is being reported in every 122 seconds. People also die or get hurt in these incidences as evidenced by 385 fatalities and 1675 civilian injuries. Do not forget, burning a property also means burning the value of your asset. From all of these losses, 1.4 billions dollars has gone down the drain alone for these vehicle fire incidences.
Looking at the facts, this should stress out the importance of having devices that could help people save themselves when fire is not that big. Car fire extinguisher can really help in these incidences. Today, there is a new chemical wetting agent that is proven to be effective and is commonly used by law enforcements in US. This agent is called the Cold Fire. It works by sucking out the heat from fire and covers the fuel source to halt the fire. It is also an advantage because the car itself can cool down while it is being sprayed, making access easier for rescuing.
However, people can prevent the onset of fire by doing the following:
1. Avoid throwing cigarette butts anywhere. Just make sure that you turn them off completely before throwing them. As much as possible avoid smoking while driving.
2. Clean your car at all times. Do not allow your trash to settle in the vehicle for a long time.
3. Have your vehicle inspection for any malfunctioning parts or even electrical wirings. Do not leave them hanging. Be alarmed if you see sparks already.
4. When driving, observe your gauge from time to time. Check if the temperature is rising. When you start to smell smoke, get out of the road, open your trunk. However, when you do this, do not touch the trunk with bare hands. You might be burned. Add water to your engine and let it rest for a while.
5. Inspect your fuel tanks for leaks. Everything can happen when you are driving and we cannot control other people. There might be accidental sparks or cigarettes through on the street and cause ignition from your fuel.
These are all preventive measure. However, worst comes to worse, you car fire extinguisher can really come in handy. It is also necessary to use your judgment when to fight fire.
Having specialized in the car fire extinguishers trade for over 20 years, Brian now works tirelessly to promote affordable fire safety for home and for business.