Imagine pursuing an exciting job that lets you use all your creativity to plan trips. Welcome to the world of travel and tourism consulting! As a travel and tourism consultant, you can combine your love of travel with a profitable and flexible career.
Why Travel and Tourism Consultant Course
The travel and tourism consultant diploma course teaches you about popular tourist destinations and also improves your sales skills to advice your customers on the best travel options. Students will learn how to construct and customize complex travel itineraries, gain essential skills to process ticket reissues and exchanges and also develop specialized knowledge of travel products. Moreover, you will also improve your sales skills to successfully turn existing and prospect customers into returning customers and also learn how industry regulations affect the travel operations. Lastly, the travel and tourism consultant is also able to construct complex itineraries and also manage changes to ticketed journeys.
What you will learn in this course
In this part-time travel and tourism consultant certificate program, the candidates will learn practical, step-by-step techniques and important principles for travel consulting and begin career as a professional travel consultant. Some of the key benefits of this course are as follows:
- Apply IATA resolutions to your travel activities and business
- Handle all crucial aspects of the travel agency business
- Advise on modes of accommodation, transportation and tour products
- Learn effective selling skills
- Understand the settlement and billing system to give your travel and tourism operations a distinct operational advantage
- Sell international business, conference and incentive travel arrangements
- Construct complex itineraries and also manage changes to ticketed journeys
- Produce customized tours
Key topics in this course
- Sales techniques
- Luxury, group and tour travel options
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Sales techniques
- Social media marketing
- Popular tourism destinations
- Airfare construction and ticket reissuance
In this short course, the candidates are exposed to selling skills and destination geography, laws and regulations, ticket exchanges and fare construction for hotel, group travel and tours. Candidates will also learn about social media in the travel and tourism industry. On successfully completing the course examination, you will receive the Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma issued by IATA, and you would also be eligible for the travel and tourism professional certificate.
Thomas Cook – Centre of Learning is a well-known travel and tourism institute in India offering Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma program. This four months part time course by the institute is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to maximize career opportunities in this rapidly growing industry. To know more about this course and its admission procedure, visit the official website of Center of Learning Thomas Cook – col. thomascook.in.