Roller skating is an enjoyable and worthwhile activity to do during your free time especially during holidays and summer vacation. This activity needs an ability to balance. It is no advisable that this be played by people with weak heart since this is also requires cardiovascular endurance. This is also good as a means of exercise for you will really sweat as you feel your floating while you glide back and forth in lanes. Beginners may engage in this activity but they still need to consider trainings and practice to be expert in this craft. Below are the top 5 tips you need to remember when you engage in this kind of fun activity.
1. Get a pair of roller skates that is worth the price and quality. Though purchasing a brand new is not necessary, used ones are still usable as long as it they are of certified quality. Make sure that the pair of skates you buy can keep you safe and will not lead you to accidents. Check the quality of the boot, wheels and bearings. Do not invest on low cost, fancy, low quality roller blades. Do not make it as an excuse that you bought it since you are still practicing. Once you already mastered skating, your high quality skates will surely still be in good form.
2. Protect yourself against any injuries by wearing the appropriate protective gears such as the helmet, knee pad and elbow pad. In case you bump into something, a lesser damage may be inflicted to your body. So invest an ample time preparing for the protective gears aside from your pair of roller skates and yourself.
3. Skate in safe, non- busy streets. Do not race with big, fast-running vehicles for you will never ever win. You will only get a consolation of serious bleeding. So, skate in lanes or streets where only people pass or only few private vehicles owned by homeowners pass by.
4. You should know how to use your brakes. You must also know when and where to use the brakes. Brakes can save your life.
5. I understand that roller skating is a very fascinating, enjoying activity to be in. But always bear in mind to still pay attention to your surroundings. Be alert when a vehicle is to pass by and stay on sides immediately. Do not race with those. You might only end up sorry for yourself.
Kim, 20, aspiring, inspiring
Visit this site: http://www.videojug.com/tag/roller-skating