Every horse racing partnerships is unique, making available special features and advantages to all the partners. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is the one of affordability. It means that people who choose to become part of a horse racing partnership are able to fulfill their dreams of ownership; something that would normally be impossible if left to meet the costs alone.
Participants in horse racing partnerships are only ever obliged to pay their individual portion of the ownership costs as dictated by the actual share they decide to own. Ongoing costs are similarly allocated.
Partnerships offer participants the chance to invest in shares between one and forty five percent of the racehorse. Choose wisely and only go with what you can easily afford, but don't forget that the share you own will also dictate your share of any earnings. A 1% ownership may be somewhat disappointing with respect to the revenue you will receive. Bear in mind though, that everyone has to begin somewhere and you will still be an owner. Also, if additional shares later become available, you will always have the option then of making a larger commitment.
Some of the many other benefits available to horse racing partnerships are:
- Owning A Racetrack License
- Entry to the Backstretch
- Ability to visit the Paddock on racedays
- Ability To Discuss Your Horse With The Trainer
- Watch As Your Horse Trains
- Free Track Parking Usually In a Separate Owners’ Area
- Select Seating in The Grandstand
- Ability to Stand Tall and Proud in the Winners Circle When Your Horse Wins
- Share of Purse Winnings Equal to Your Ownership Share Percentage
- Partnership Newsletter and Periodic Meetings
- Telephone and Email Updates and Progress Bulletins
- Miscellaneous Subscriptions and Memberships to Racing Entities
- Yearly Meeting With Fellow Partners
- Additional Features, Including Travel Assistance - (help making necessary reservations, etc. ).
- And Last But By No Means Least, Crucial Bragging Rights
There are many opportunities available and waiting for potential owners just like you who want to become part of a horse racing partnership. It's time to stop dreaming and start shopping around for your perfect racing partnership: one that will best suit your circumstances and financial position making it possible to finally turn the dream of owning a racehorse into reality.
C. Anne Baker's life has involved thoroughbred horse racing and breeding for many years. She also contributes to horse racing charities. For a short time, visitors to her web site PartnersInThoroughbreds.com can download her excellent guide Becoming Involved A Horse Racing Partnership .