Here's 7 simple way to improve your golf swing with the iron -
1. Whether you are using a driver or an iron, make sure your setup posture is absolutely correct!
Feet shoulder width apart with a 5 iron - the front foot flared out towards the target about 20 degrees, and the back foot is “square". The Upper half of the body should be bent over enough to let your arms hang naturally down from your shoulders.
With your setup the key is to get into a stable and relaxed position.
2. Bend your knees at a slight decrease, where it will give you some flexibility.
3. At stance position, your elbows and arms should be as close together as possible - right elbow pointing directly at the right hip, and the left elbow pointing at the left hip.
4. Ball position - Play your short irons with the ball positioned in the center, middle irons an inch forward and the long irons another inch forward. Ball positioning can make a big difference to your golf impact.
5. At the top of proper back-swing, your left heel should lift slightly off the ground (for a right hander) - unless you are very flexible, in which a full turn is without this. At the top of the back-swing, your left arm should be fairly straight.
6. From the top, start down by pushing off your right foot - with your weight left, turn your hips through, making way for your arms to swing through impact.
7. Good iron contact comes from a descending strike. To hit down on the ball, your weight has to be moving forward to the target.
For The Price of One McDonald's Meal, You Can Learn How to Improve Your Golf Swing ! Just Visit http://www.squidoo.com/howtoimprove-yourgolfswing And Get The Best 60 Golf Instructional Videos to Help You Hit Straighter, Hit Farther and More Importantly Play Better Golf By The Next Round.