Exercise doesn't have to be a chore - using bike riding as a means of exercise and incorporating visiting and site seeing into each ride can make this part of your exercise routine a pleasant experience.
Here are 7 of the major reasons of bicycle riding that are beneficial to ALL of us at any age:
1. Bicycling at least 3 hours a week reduces the risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and other chronic diseases, and improves the quality of life for people of all ages.
2. Bicycling promotes balance, body and limb control and coordination. For the arms, handlebar use helps upper body strength.
3. For older adults - a stronger heart gives a positive mental outlook and an increased change of remaining indefinitely independent.
4. For children - exercising through bicycling promotes healthy bones and muscles thru the growing stages and helps maintain a healthy weight during those growing years.
5. For families - bicycling is a great fitness activity that encourages togetherness while enjoying the additional benefits of being outdoors and getting fresh air.
6. Studies have shown that bicycling has numerous benefits to those suffering from depression. Recreational cycling is the most satisfying way to get fresh air as well as enjoy the views and experiences and perhaps make new friends along the way. The body and mind react to these enjoyable moments and chemically the body can combat depression.
7. Too many people find it difficult to fall asleep at night after a day at work and dealing with life's stresses or they are just too wound up from the days activities. Too much idol time allows us to dwell on these situations at which point it prohibits a good nights sleep. Bicycling, together with the fresh air, allows the mind and body to rest and enjoy itself. If bicycling goals are set - getting there under your own power in itself is rewarding. . . which allows the body and mind to enjoy a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep.
These are just a handful of the benefits of bicycling. Lower health costs is also one of the many end results of making bicycling a contributing factor in all aspects of your life. Whether it be a bike ride
For 15, 30 or 60 minutes two, three or five days a week there are benefits that last for years and years of your life.
There are several types of bicycles to choose from - such as mountain bikes, cruiser bikes (the most popular), freestyle or bmx bikes. Tandem bikes are bicycles built-for two or three - which encourages riding together as a family or with a group of friends.
Mary Marino-McDonnell, the author, works as an online business entrepreneur after working 30 years as a comptroller/administrative director for a 10M firm on Long Island. She took her acquired business knowledge, together with the joint personal interests with her husband in health and fitness and started their own online bicycle business, http://www.bicycleaway.com . The goal of Mary and her husband, Bill, with bicycleaway.com is to provide personal boutique-like service to all of its customers with bikes that are attractive, reliable and affordable. Check out our selection of cruiser bikes .