Bowling, like any other sport, has a set of DO'S and DON'TS that must be followed so that all can enjoy the game. The rules are based on common sense, and express courtesy and good sportsmanship.
Here are ten of the most important ones:
1) DO yield the ‘right of way’ When two bowlers are on adjacent lanes, and simultaneously ready to bowl, the bowler on the right delivers first. The other bowler ought to remainoff or to the rear of the approach area. This rule doesn't apply if the bowler on the left is shooting for a spare.
2) DON'T take a practice swing with your bowling ball on the concourse or behind the approach. Wait until you are upon the approach itself before doing any practice exercises.
3) DO be ready when it's your turn to bowl. Remain in your lane area while your teammates are bowling, don't wander off.
4) DON'T use an excessive amount of body gyrations at the foul line after delivering the ball. Confine your body ‘English’ to your own lane.
5) DO bowl immediately when it is your turn. Once you have your ball, assume your stance and start your delivery, it isn't necessary to wait for lanes on either side of you to be cleared before you bowl, just observe the ‘right of way’ rule.
6) DON'T bring food or drink into the settee or bowlers area, a drop of liquid or any type of foreign substance spilled on the approach could cause a slip and serious injury.
7) DO wait until you have completed the frame before checking your score. Don't come back to the scorekeeper after the first ball has been rolled.
8) DON'T bench jockey while others are bowling. Friendly bantering is an accepted part of the sport, but don't overdo it. Be a good competitor.
9) DO return your bowling shoes to the counter control desk after bowling, and if you've borrowed a ‘house ball’ return it to the storage rack.
10) DON'T linger at the foul line after releasing the ball. As soon as your ball hits the pins return to your seat.
If you are beginner interested to know more about Judo, visit http://www.realniches.com/archives/2005/06/introduction-to-bowling.html
To learn more about all the secrets & tips realted to Bowling, pls visit http://www.realniches.com/archives/category/bowling/
** Attention Webmasters / Website Owners **
You can reprint this article on your website as long as you do not modify any of the content, and include our resource box as listed above with all links intact and hyperlinked properly.