Do you want to be a master martial artist? Do you want to walk the warrior's path correctly?
Here are many of the key points I share with my students, both personal and online subscribers, again and again. I've adopted a different presentation style to wake you up from the “been there, heard that" mentality that you might have slipped into by now.
- 1. Thou Shalt Know The Dangers in Your World and Focus on Being Able to Handle Them FIRST!
- 2. Thou Shalt Train With Your Teacher as Much as Possible
- 3. Thou Shalt Study The History of Your Techniques to Understand the Technology
- 4. Thou Shalt Not Expect Instant Results (Development takes time).
- 5. Thou Shalt Practice Consistently and Earnestly. (Practice makes perfect but, ONLY when you practice perfectly!)
- 6. Thou Shalt Not Misuse Your Skills (Insure that only those doing damage, receive your own).
- 7. Thou Shalt Not Take Short Cuts (It only slows your progress in the long run).
- 8. Thou Shalt Strive to Understand the Concepts and Principles at the Heart of the Forms.
- 9. Thou Shalt Get Training and Perspectives from Many Sources.
- 10. Thou Shalt Run All Lessons Through Your Own Experience (No blind obedience - it's your life!). No experience? Get some or make sure your teachers have enough for BOTH of you!
If you want to be a master, not just of the martial arts, there are things that you must do.
Start now by "walking the talk" and thinking, feeling, and acting like a student who wants to be a master warrior. I've often discussed one of my favorite sayings which more than applies in this instance. It says that. . .
". . . What you're doing speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you're saying!"
You are in control of your destiny. As Richard Bach pointed out again and again in his books like, "Illusions, ". . .
". . . we design our lives through the power of our choices. "
Jeffrey M. Miller is the founder and director of Warrior Concepts International , an expert in the realms of real world self-protection tactics, and a master teacher in the art of Ninjutsu - the art of the Ninja. Through his classes, seminars, book and video products, and corporate training events, he empowers individuals with the time-tested and proven concepts, principles, and closely guarded secrets of the warrior in a way that makes them highly effective in Today's world. Get more information about his seminars and ninja camps and other related topics by subscribing to his newsletter at http://www.warrior-concepts-online.com/newsletter.html