Night fishing is a very enjoyable type of fishing. Whether you fish from a boat or from the shore there is some equipment that is integral to an enjoyable trip, especially at night. In many cases fish will bite quite well at night, so if you've never tried night fishing, it may be time to give it a shot. Just make sure that you remember these five items.
1) A lantern. This may sound overly simplistic, but remembering your lantern is none the less important. And if it's a propane lantern, make sure that you have an extra propane tank with you.
2) A flashlight. Although you are going to have a lantern with you for light, a flashlight is a good idea if you want to move around at all. This way you won't have to move the lantern every time you are in need of light.
3) Liquid refreshments. Night fishing is usually done while you're sitting on the bank or anchored in a boat. For some reason this makes for a thirsty angler. It more than likely has to do with the “down time", waiting for a fish to bite.
4) Mosquito incense. The mosquitoes can become pretty bad when night fishing, especially in the summer right after the sun goes down. Lighting mosquito incense can make the situation much more tolerable. There are few things worse on this planet than getting swarmed by mosquitoes and having absolutely no recourse.
5) Organize you tackle box before you go. There are few things worse than having to dig through your tackle box for something you need when it's the middle of the night. This one will save you a ton of heartache.
These five things, although they seem overly simplistic, will make for a much better night fishing experience. The bottom line is that when it's the middle of the night and you have fish on your brain, these are the last five things that you want to be worrying about.
Trevor Kugler - Co-founder of JRWfishing.com Trevor has more than 20 years of fishing experience, and now specializes in ultralight trout fishing.
http://www.jrwfishing.com/signup.html - sign up for the best free fishing Ezine on the net and get a FREE fishing report worth $10!!!
Actually make money online. Find out how for FREE! - http://www.yourmoneyconnection.com
Trevors Fishing Ebooks - http://www.lulu.com/tkugler Check them Out!!