So, you've recently purchased a fixer upper property and are looking for proven ways to sell it faster. Well, we hear you. You've made a good deal and you want your profits quickly. Don't fret, we can help! In this brief article, we will provide you with proven tips on selling your fixer upper home faster than you ever thought possible. So, without further adieu, let's get started.
1. Take care of any minor or major repairs. This includes taking care of removing ugly wallpaper, repairing leaking faucets or cracked foundations, fixing bad plumbing, etc. By taking care of any problems beforehand, you will make the fixer upper house more marketable.
2. Ensure that the fixer upper property has good curb appeal. this is because a fixer upper that looks good on the outside will likely sell faster than those one that doesn't. Therefore, you must make sure the property looks good for those driving by. For instance, you should take care of those weeds and trim those shrubs. You should plant new flowers. In addition, if the outside is extremely dirty, you should pressure wash it so that it looks appealing and clean.
3. Paint the inside and outside of the fixer upper property. That is, you should add some personal and homey looking touches for the new owner. For instance, you can add decorative accents like new faucets, ceiling fans, toilets, doorknobs, outside lights, etc which will give the fixer upper home a really nice feel.
4. Make sure that the fixer upper property has maximum exposure. So, if you're selling it yourself as a for sale by owner, you will need to place prominent ads in the newspaper, put it into the MLS system, put adequate signs in the yard, run open houses, etc. In contrast, if you are working with a realtor, she will handle all of your marketing efforts. However, you must make sure your realtor is aggressive and successfully markets the property to get your property sold fast.
5. Devise a contingency sales strategy. Your plan should include a plan of action in case your property doesn't sell for the asking price or within your preferred time limit. For instance, will you rent out the property, lower your price or offer buyer incentives like paying their down payment, etc? That is, make sure you have a plan in place in case the selling doesn't go as anticipated.
In conclusion, you can sell your fixer upper property and get maximum money for your efforts if you follow the above mentioned tips. Although they do require a bit of work, the effort will be well worth it when you walk away with a huge check for your efforts.
Sal Vannutini is the author of " The 8 Power Profit Secrets To Making More Money With Less Risk In Real Estate, " a free strategy report for investors. Get your complimentary copy at http://www.FastFixerUpperProfits.com today.