Oh . . . for the good old days. You know, when gasoline was $2.00 a gallon, cokes were a dollar, interest rates were below 5%, and sticking a sign in the yard and waiting for offers to come in was enough to get your house sold! Hmmm . . . and it seems like only yesterday . . . !
Now market inventory is at an all time high, while prices and consumer confidence are going down. Agents and sellers have had to dust off some old traditional methods of marketing, as well as adopt new ways to capture maximum exposure for their properties. Coming up with innovative ways to “think outside of the box" to attract buyers has quickly become the ‘National Pastime’ for the Real Estate community.
The internet is a growing force in this endeavor as 85% of today's tech savvy prospects now view the Real Estate market on line. Here they form their first, and arguably their most critical " first impressions. " The increased reliance on the internet has also increased the importance of Home Staging, considered by many to be a must-have-marketing-tool for sellers in today's slower market. Displaying multiple photographs of homes, beautifully staged and in show ready condition is key in determining which ones will actually be seen.
Home Staging, once considered to be an option by some, is now a widely used service which has swept the country due to it's amazing results!
The following are some of the reasons why Home Staging statistically results in quicker, more profitable sales, and why top agents strongly recommend this service to their clients:
* Staged homes sell a lifestyle to ensure that the largest number of people will feel ‘home'
* Staged homes stand out and give you an advantage in a competitive market
* Staged homes advertise with compelling photos, and begin selling your home on the internet
* Staged homes are designed as a ‘product’ to be sold - depersonalized with the new buyer in mind
* Staged homes are decluttered so that the square footage of the home is visually maximised
* Staged homes are designed to accentuate the ‘positives’ while minimizing the ‘negatives'
* Staged homes are designed to sell faster and prevent the stress of endless showings
* Staged homes are designed to sell for top dollar
* Staged homes are designed with memory points and emotional connection points throughout
* Staged homes create multiple great ‘first impressions’ for exterior and interiors
* Staged homes reduce the need for costly price reductions
* Staged homes highlight the potential worth of any home, no matter what the price point
In what has become a buyers market, those looking to buy know they can take their time, be pickier and often negotiate prices down. Home Staging can help shift some of the power back to the seller by creating homes that look inviting . . . and are in greater demand!
Jeannene Edwards, owner of Interiors Defined, Inc. is a professional home stager and licensed interior designer in Orlando, Florida. In addition to her interior design and home staging services, Jeannene has merged with David Edwards Construction, a division of Interiors Defined, Inc. , enabling them to now offer complete architectural design and building services to further meet the needs of their clientel. Jeannene is a notable speaker known for her exciting and informative seminars. Her award winning designs and ‘how-to’ articles have been widely published in newspapers, magazines and trade manuals nationally. For additional information regarding her Step by Step E-Staging Guide, or the many other services offered by Interiors Defined, Inc. please contact Jeannene Edwards or David Edwards at: http://interiorsdefined.com/ , http://idihomestaging.com/ , and http://davidedwardsgc.com/