1) Granite Countertops – Granite countertops add luxury and appeal to any kitchen, and are great for entertaining in the kitchen. Granite will also add style and appeal to your bathroom.
2) Hardwood floors – Want to instantly update an outdated home or living space? Hardwood floors add modern appeal to any home, and ultra-modern types of wood, such as bamboo, are more affordable than ever and available in a variety of different colors. Tile floor is okay to work with, but chances are, the tile is outdated. Shag carpet needs to be ripped out immediately!
3) Steel faucets and appliances will instantly update a home and are highly resistant to rust and residue. Replace kitchen faucets and nozzles and consider a steel dishwasher.
4) Hurricane-proof/energy efficient windows and doors are a must, especially in the state of Florida, where tropically storms are an annual occurrence and sunlight can be scorching, even while sitting in your living room. This is a must when it comes to safety, but energy efficiency will add even more appeal, plus you could be eligible for tax credits.
5) Upgrade appliances like your refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, dryer, and dishwasher. Upgrade towards energy efficient appliances, which will also save you and the buyer money.
6) Flat-top stoves are the way to go and completely trump electric coil stoves, plus they are much easier to clean. They are a lot more stylish and updated.
7) Landscaping is important but is often overlooked. Make sure the laugh is properly sodded and cared for. Plant flowers and beautiful the living space. Make it appear inviting and welcoming. The same applies to the backyard. People want the option to entertain.
8) Is there a wooden deck out back or a patio outside? If not, you may want to consider installing one, if it’s conducive to the property. The same applies out front. If there is one already, make sure it’s structurally sound and free of mildew and termites.
9) Is there a driveway on the premises? If not, you need to install one. It’s relatively inexpensive and will do wonders for accessibility and appeal of your front yard.
10) Are the walls inside the home an outdated color? Is paint peeling? Add modern hues or neutral colors to make a living space more attractive. Warm hues, like golden and beige will instantly add warmth to white walls, and update the home, plus they look beautiful with the reflection of sunlight.
Direct Express Realty is a realtor specializing in St Petersburg Foreclosures and REOs . Contact Direct Express to Invest in St Petersburg Foreclosures or for Remodeling Investment Property in St Petersburg