Tourists call Carlsbad paradise because of its beautiful beaches, exciting festivals, and outstanding attractions. You just call it home. It’s the place you chose to settle down in with your family and your kids. It’s the place of your fondest memories – again, it’s what you call home.
In today’s economy, unfortunately not even that is safe. In the 3rd quarter alone of 2009, one in every 136 homes in the United States was in a stage of foreclosure. Property values are continuing to fall throughout the country, and Carlsbad is not immune from the suffering.
Still there is hope for you. If you are a property owner living in Carlsbad, you don’t have to lose everything that matters to you. A short sale can help you escape the dark hands of foreclosure and pay off your debt to the mortgage broker at the same time.
Listed below are the easy steps to completing a Carlsbad short sale.
Short Sale Essentials (And a Very Short List at That)
- A good calculator with accounting capabilities
- A short sale expert familiar with the Carlsbad real estate market
Once you have obtained these few essentials, follow the steps below to complete a Carlsbad short sale that will help you move on to new housing opportunities with your credit intact.
1) Make sure you know the real market value of your home. In today’s housing market, this is less than what you owe on the property. If you have trouble getting this information, your short sale, real estate expert can help with this.
2) Estimate the selling costs for your home. This is something your handy dandy realtor can help you with as well.
3) Calculate how much you owe in property loans. If you’re good in math, you won’t even need the calculator.
4) Now for the money math. Take the amount you owe (#3) and subtract it from what you estimate you can receive by selling the project. It will be a negative number, but that is okay. This is normal in a short sale.
5) Your Carlsbad short sale agent will take this information to your lender and see if they are willing to accept the proceeds of the sale in exchange for your payoff amount. In this economy and working with your reputable realtor, the odds are they will.
6) Sell your property and clear your name so to speak and your credit as well.
Nobody plans on not being able to make their mortgage payments, but if it happens to you, you should know that there is help. You don’t have to have your home foreclosed, and you don’t have to ruin your credit. Let the professionals at San Diego Short Sales Experts, http://www.sdshortsaleexperts.com , guide you through your Carlsbad short sale. With one click, protect your credit and eliminate this financial burden today.