In order to sell your house fast without a Realtor you must be creative in today's market. You can do what the Realtors do if you're willing to put in the time and effort. If you're up for the challenge, you can save a ton of money. Up to 7% of the sales price in many areas. That would be $35,000 on a $500,000 home!
Here are five great ideas to get you started on the FSBO (For Sale By Owner) track:
- Sell your house to an investor. This is “the" fastest way that I've seen to get your house sold. You can get a no-hassle offer, a quick closing, and you don't have to make any repairs. You do have to be prepared to take less than fair market value. That's their incentive to purchase your house fast. On average, you can receive between 60% - 65% of the fair market value minus repairs on an all cash purchase. You can receive more in some cases, depending on the programs of the particular investor or company.
- Hold an auction. There are several companies that will auction your house for you and you will have to pay ad costs. You can also hold your own auction. There are several books out that will show you how to do this.
- Raffle your house. This one is very creative. Find a non-profit organization that you would love to make a donation to. Then, promote the raffle through the organization and any other advertising means you can think of. Beware of the laws of your state and the fact that you usually need to advertise beyond your own area to sell enough tickets. For example: If you owned a house free and clear and you wanted to make $100,000, you could sell 1,000 tickets for $125. This would net you $100,000 and give the charity a $25,000 donation for their participation. The lucky winner would get a home for $125 (plus taxes of course)!
- Offer owner financing. Many buyers have the down payment, but can't get financing. Consider allowing the buyer to purchase your house using your existing financing.
- Use a combination of free listing sites. There are several websites on the internet that offer free classified ads. They're not hard to find. Just search for free classified ads on Google.
Get a no-hassle, free offer on your house by going to http://www.JPRealtyPros.com
J. P. Realty Pros, LLC serves Washington DC, MD, and VA. Discover more ways to sell your home alone by visiting http://www.HelpYouSellYourOwnHome.com