For selling your FSBO property, you need to avoid some of the common mistakes. There can be a number of things that you might need to perform before you actually offer your property for sale.
1. Avoid jam- packed rooms, kitchen and stores before offering your FSBO house for sales: A potential buyer would like to view the rooms, store or kitchen keeping in mind the requirement of the buyer. So, all unnecessary items should be removed from the rooms, store or kitchen. You need to pack all these items so that they do not occupy the needful space.
2. Maintain leaking water tape and connections: Many times a small tap or water pipe start leaking in our houses and most of the time we forget to repair it or even sometimes we do not give much attention to the leaking pipes. These leaking pipes cause damages to wall paints and before offering your FSBO property, you need to repair all the leaking pipes.
3. Improve the look of your garden: You need to give some time for improving and maintaining your garden. Most of the time a potential buyer gets the first impression of your house from your garden. So, avoid congested garden and if possible plant some flowers of the season. You can also take the help of a nursery or any botanical garden of your area, which will suggest the type of plant that will grow in the soil of your garden.
4. Replace broken glass windows or doors: Sometime we avoid repairing a minor crack on the glass of our window or doors. Especially you should take extra care if your main entrance door or window is not in good condition. It gives a poor impression to the potential buyer of FSBO property, so you should at least keep your entrance door and adjoining windows in good condition.
5. Maintain the exterior of your FSBO house: Most of the FSBO owners don't care about the exterior or interior of your house. The exterior of the house is as important as the interior of the house. So, before offering your house for sale, you should at least put a coat of paint on it.
So as an FSBO owner, you should keep the above points in mind and it is necessary for you to improve your house as per the few points mentioned above so that you quickly get a buyer for it.
PostYourPad has the most listings on the Web for homes under $500k. Sell home with 0% commission and deal directly with serious home buyers. Buy or Sell Your Home at 0% Commission with FSBO Site.