Once the spring home buying season begins in North America, millions of homes will be on sale. But according to the annual UCLA Anderson Forecast, slowing home sales may spell trouble for the national and California economies.
So how can home buyers and sellers circumvent the slow home sales period and ensure they get the best deal for their property?
The open house is a traditional way for home sellers and buyers to participate in the spring buying season. An open house involves a public home viewing held at a specific time and date.
Open houses are an efficient way to market your house because they help to draw attention to the home, allow buyers to evaluate the property and help sales people announce new listings or remind buyers of old ones.
Neighbours can help in your marketing efforts by bringing attendees and prospective buyers and endorsing your property for you.
To help sales people lure prospective buyers and ensure success in your home sale you should
- prepare your home for public viewing
- make any repairs to your home that may be needed
- create an inviting atmosphere for prospective buyers
- advertise your open house through signs, the local classifieds and online listings
- invite neighbours for a private viewing before the open house begins
- offer visitors brochures and photographs with contact information
- get a mortgage lender to assist buyers with finance
- ensure security is taken care of at all times
For sellers, open houses can be the ideal way to showcase all the unique features of your property. For buyers, they can simplify the task of finding your ideal, dream home.
About The Author:
Jonathan Gropper is President & COO of OnlyOpenHouses.com, a comprehensive portal to list and find open houses in New Jersey .