Kochi is in the midst of the liveliest places of Kerala which is acknowledged for its natural beauty, beaches, vegetation and fine blend of old tradition with new the hip-hop culture. It is one of the best destinations suited for both business and holiday travelers. Kochi, formerly known as Cochin is a cosmopolitan city in Kerala which is built along the salt water lagoon. The tactical site of this place makes it a well-liked tourist destination of India all the way through the course of Indian history. During the colonial times, it was managed by the Portuguese, Dutch and English which makes it a vivacious place with engrained European traditions. This is a romantic spot that is acknowledged for European style construction, immaculate seashore, emerald backwaters and array excursion activities. Kochi has finally opened its door to the concept of shopping malls. A brief description about some of the shopping malls is as follows:
Lulu Cochin Mall
The biggest as well as the 1st of its type in India, Lulu Shopping Mall has been inaugurated to provide an all-in-one shopping, dining and amusement experience to both locals as well as worldwide level travelers. Lulu Mall is built with a remarkable architecture, is a diverse assembly of retail offerings extended across 4 storey’s occupying 16, 98, 261 sq ft of built up space spread across 17 acres of land and comes with the whole lot of things that are necessary to rouse the craving of a judicious shopper, from branded apparels, fashion accessories, jewelry, gift items and electronic gadgets to food court, restaurants, coffee shops and excellent entertainment facilities. Some factors that make Lulu Shopping Malls a standout are:
• First-rate facilities: In order to satisfy the client requirements, the mall comes with amenities inclusive of large indoor walkways, money exchange centers and escalators, elevators and handicapped facilities.
• Ample parking space: The mall has an ample area for parking of cars, bikes and other vehicles, up to 3000 vehicles.
• Strategic location: The mall is positioned at the junction of 3 important highways of Kerala, NH47, NH17 and Kochi by-pass.
Oberon Mall is sited in Kochi and the present biggest lifestyle shopping mall in Kerala in operation. Oberon Mall is also the 1st full format Mall in Kerala, inaugurated officially on 2nd March, 2009, although the shopping mall was opened in 2008. The construction cost amount to about Rs. 1 billion. It is spread across an area of 350,000 sq ft, across 5 storeys of stores and office spaces and covering grounds of up to 2 acres. This Shopping Mall has about all comparable standard marks of a full format shopping mall. On the other hand, some of the major attributes are:
• The 1st full format shopping mall of Kerala.
• The 1st Multiplex movie theatre facility in Kerala.
• The 1st Indoor gaming arena facility in Kerala.
• One of the biggest glass auditoriums in South India.
Oberon MALL is positioned exactly on the National Highway (NH 47) by-pass at Edapally, one of the most happening commercial centers of Kerala.