While using internet listings, taking little self-guided tours, etc. are excellent ways to get a feel for what's available in Playa del Carmen properties, there is one defining decision which will make all the difference in the process:
Your Playa del Carmen realtor.
Finding the right realtor will help in many aspects of the search process. A qualified, experienced and reliable realtor will:
- introduce you to all appropriate properties in your price range
- make objective suggestions on which options will suit your needs
- provide all information available about the property
- help you confirm the legal status of the property's title
- help you make a final informed decision
Just as important as the search process is the purchasing process. A qualified realtor will:
- advise you on deposits, payment plans, escrow accounts, etc. to help you ensure that your funds are being handled safely
- provide information about financing and mortgages through Mexican institutions
- point you to necessary experts to ensure that the property is transferred legally to your name
- guide you through the process step by step, so the transaction will be completed properly, with minimum effort on your part
While the event of finding a perfect-looking Playa del Carmen property that you just “bumped into" is exciting, it is important to consult with an experienced realtor, seeking advice, and keeping your mind open to alternative suggestions, which could offer very similar benefits for a better price, or many more benefits for the same price. A reliable realtor will use their experience of seeing hundreds of properties to analyze factors which you may not consider.
For this reason, it is important to take the time and find the right agent and office. Even if you invest a larger amount of time into this process at the beginning, it will pay off in the end, saving the time and even money that can be lost in being involved in a process that is not handled properly.
Some points you can look for in your realtor include:
- certificates, degrees and courses in real estate
- membership in AMPI, Mexico's professional real estate association
- strong reputation with community and past clients
Remember, you are investing large amounts of your hard-earned money; make sure you work with the most qualified professionals, just like you would if you were investing in anything else.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely