There are a number of places in Mexico where you can find a cheap lot near or even on the ocean, but the trick is to find a cheap Mexico beachfront lots that is in a good location, near services, accessible and ideal to build your retirement or vacation home on.
Imagine buying a cheap lot next to the beach, but the lot is 4 hours away from the nearest store on a bad road! Besides the inconvenience, it would also end up costing a fortune to have supplies brought in and a team to build, not to mention your daily supplies later on! This is just not what most people want as their dream vacation home.
One good example is the Campeche real estate area. Less than an hour south of the colonial city of Campeche, beachfront lots run on average for $120,000 USD. One development offering lots with 66 feet of beachfront is selling for only a bit more than half of this, at $64,900!
The following are some of the features that these lots and the surrounding area include, and you can use as a checklist if you are reviewing the possibility of a cheap beachfront lot:
- Soft, wide beaches, clean, clear water
- Direct highway/major road access
- Natural surroundings (in this case a lagoon full of wildlife at the back)
- Direct access to connections – electricity, water, phone, internet
- Ideal building elevation just a few meters from the beach
- Building permits available
These points guarantee that you will be able to enjoy your lot fully, and easily. You will be able to focus on relaxation, instead of how to get your car pulled of the giant pothole.
In the surrounding area:
- Growing real estate – upscale home and condo developments (this points to a growing expat community, and new services)
- Nearby healthcare – small, but modern clinics, up-to-date hospitals
- Some shopping options (Walmart)
- Activities – new golf courses and marinas
- Government and private investment – here, large amounts have been spent in restoring the colonial city, developing boardwalk and tourist areas in nearby towns.
Some of these items show that basic services already exist, and you won't need to worry about not having access. The others point to growing tourism, which leads to increased investment, and in turn to new services. This means your life in the area will be increasingly more convenient.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely