1. Find Your Real Estate Agent - Interview 2 to 3 Buyer Agents pick the one you are most comfortable with. Make sure they can give you the service you need. Real estate agents who can send you daily emails of homes that fit your criteria will get you into your new home faster and save you money at the same time.
2. Complete Mortgage Pre-Approval – Stop! Don’t pass go until you complete this step. The process takes 20 to 30 minutes over the phone, on line, or in person. This step determines whether or not you can buy a house and how much home you can afford. This step sets up the entire process all the way through closing.
3. Pick The Setting For Your Family To Grow – Rural, Suburban, In Town, City, On the Beach, In the Mountains, Subdivision or Acreage. The place your family settles depends a lot on where you grew up and your childhood experiences.
4. Determine What Type House Fits You – 2 stories, Rancher, Basement, no basement, Split Level, Cape Cod, Bungalow, Log Home, High Rise Condo, or Townhouse. The home style choices are not endless but after seeing a dozen homes they all start to blend together.
5. Select What Amenities You Want or Need – Eat in Kitchen, Formal Dining Room, Fireplace, Air Conditioning, Jacuzzi, 2 baths, 3 baths, 3 car garage, Patio, Deck, Screened Porch, Wooded Lot, Level Lot. The choices are limited only by your imagination and wallet.
6. What Schools Do You Want For Your Children – Public School, Private School, Parochial or Religious, How about Home School? In neighborhood walk to school, bussing OK? Mom and Dad drop off. Involve the kids as much as you can, this should also be their choice.
7. Don’t Forget Your Transportation Needs – travel to work do you use public transportation, How about travel time 20 minutes 45 minutes or more to work OK? Special needs do you require access to medical facilities. Shopping and recreation some areas it’s a 25 minute ride to get a gallon of milk.
Bill Carey with over 30 years in real estate sales, investments, and home building offers a unique perspective to the buying and selling process of residential real estate for F*R*E*E consumer information and reports log on to http://www.CharlotteNCExecutiveHomes.com and see “Insider Real Estate Secrets Revealed" . . . a must-read for Home-Owners and Renters! It's a F*R*E*E 12-lesson e-course covering more than 20 topics exposing the realities behind buying and selling a home. It Could Make(or Save) You Thousands of Dollars
See http://www.BillCareyRealtor.com and sign up for our monthly e-newsletter with tips for buyers, sellers, home owners and soon to be home owners.
(Your Comments are Welcome)