Every new entrant in the field of real estate wants to know how to flip a house but very few are able to make profits right from the start. So here are some steps that you can follow in order to make good profits, even if you are an amateur.
- You should never ignore the club meetings in your area that deal with real estate. These are good grounds to make your network bigger.
- Magazines such as Money, Entrepreneur and Forbes often feature articles that deal with real estate. Therefore, you can read these in order to gain more knowledge about this field that you are planning to invest in. These will also help you in understanding the current trends in your targeted areas. So you should take a clue from these magazines.
- Watch out for homes that basically need cosmetic repairs. Houses with old carpets and run down yards can be fixed with very little investment. The ROI provided by these fixes are also excellent.
- You should always try to get a loan that is at least several thousand dollars more than the property’s price, which you are planning to buy. This money will be needed for improvements and repairs. Never buy property before negotiating first.
- While hiring labor, try seeking the cheapest. See if the job can be done by you, immigrants or college students who can also do good work at a nominal rate.
- Money left over even after the repair expenditure is met, should not be used to pay off loans etc, instead you could cultivate this amount in liquid savings account that has high interest.
- After all this, you should give potential buyers a tour of the house. If certain prospective buyers point out flaws then try to mend these problems or modify the strategy that you use to market the house. However, you have to be extremely careful that the property does not remain vacant in the market for more than a month or two. You should conclude your business before this.
- Your sale should be closed at a price that is as high as possible compared to the amount at which you had bought the property. Once the property has been sold, any expenses or annoyances in the house are the problem of the buyer. Now from the money that you made on selling the house, after paying off the loan, the profit should be deposited.
- Do not forget to report the profits to the IRS. This is because unreported profits that are higher than hundred thousand dollars can lead to painful audits.
So now that you know how to flip a house, go ahead and give it your best shot.
James Klobasa, once broke with no job and $20,000 in debt made a choice that changed his life forever. That choice was investing in Real Estate. With the founder of, The Little Building Co. you too, can learn at Real-Real Estate Investing