How exciting it is to get a cuddly new pup in the house. Equally exciting is to get cute little supplies for our little ones. It is true that you get an appropriate idea of what really is required only when you have lived with the puppy for a few days; however it is very important to keep certain things ready on day one itself. How much you want to spend on your doggie supplies is your own call depending upon your budget. It is important to note that some pets require more attention than others and thus the cost incurred on one might not be the same for another.
To start with I will list a few items which are necessary for your pup on day 1-
- Water & Food Bowl- As we all know, this item is mandatory for all pets. Different sizes and colors of feeders are available today and you can buy ones which are apt for your puppy’s breed. Also, now days we have water dispensers available in the market which are very convenient when you are not at home; however when your pup is very young (and a new member of your family) you should try to be with him at all times.
- Leash & Collar- A leash is helpful for puppy recall training and to control your dog whenever you take him/her for a walk. Buy a leash which has a soft and durable collar and won’t hurt your puppy’s neck. A leash is necessary if you take your pup for a walk in the parks or other public places. You can buy various colored leashes and collars from our website on this link- http://tupples.com/index.php/default/dogs/collars-harnesses-and-leashes.html .
- Dog Food- Both wet and dry food is available for young puppies and helps in the healthy development of bones without excessive weight gain. Nutritious food contributes to the strengthening of the body’s natural defences.
- Choose a local vet for getting your pup vaccinated. This is required to be done as soon as possible for the new puppy.
Some other supplies that you require for your puppy as he grows-
- Dog Bed- To give your pup a comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your puppy sleep on his own bed rather than your bed from the beginning so as to develop a habit. Buy Dog beds from our website at amazing prices- http://tupples.com/index.php/default/dogs/dog-beds.html
- Dog Toys & Chews- These are important when your new puppy starts teething. Young puppies have the urge to bite and tear during this period and these toys help in minimizing the damage that your pup can cause to the furniture!
- Dog Brush- A brush helps you to remove tangles, dirt and matted hair from your puppy’s coat. Use a brush which is soft for your young puppy. Buy brushes on this link- http://tupples.com/index.php/default/catalogsearch/result/?q=brush
- Dog Shampoo- Shampoo will make his coat shiny and strong. Usually very young pups do not require a bath. Only when your pup is 5 weeks or older, does he require a bath. Do not use human shampoo on your puppy.
- Puppy Training aids- They are important if you want to train your pup and avoid pee/poop accidents.
- Dog Carrier- It becomes so convenient when you have a dog carrier with you to carry your pup around wherever you go.
Dog Clippers- It is important to have this tool with you to trim your pup’s nails as he could hurt himself or you with his sharp nails.
- Treats- Keep a good amount of these at hand as it is important for you to praise your pup whenever he does anything right.
I hope this article will help you in choosing the right accessories for your puppies.