Christmas is fast approaching. Have you finished all of your shopping yet? If you still have a ways to go and are looking for that perfect gift for the dog lover in your life, here are 10 things to give a dog lover for Christmas that might just give you the right idea.
1. Personalized Mug or Sweatshirt: We have seen kiosks in the mall do this with family photos. A variety of online retailers offer the service as well. Get a picture of your dog lover's favorite four-legged friends, or maybe of them with their furry family and have it placed on a mug or sweatshirt.
2. Wall Hangings: Be it a calendar, decorative plates, or paintings-there are all sorts of things to hand from our walls decorated for every breed out there.
3. Christmas Ornaments: For some, it has long been a tradition to present ornaments for the Christmas tree as holiday gifts. If this strikes you as a worthwhile idea, look for anyone of the hundreds of varieties of Christmas ornaments shaped or painted with dogs.
4. Figurines: Many dog lovers like to decorate their home or office with all sorts of doggy merchandise. From inexpensive miniature figurines to quite expensive and heavy statues, you are sure to find one to fit your budget and your dog loving friend's tastes.
5. Books: Books on training or particular breeds are always a popular gift for the holidays. You might also consider the simple coffee table dog books with a series of pictures sometimes accompanied by inspirational or funny quotes.
6. Gift Certificates: It might seem cheesy and unthoughtful, but if you want to get something that is both for the dog lover and their dog(s), it makes perfect sense to get them a gift certificate from one of the larger pet stores that allows animals. This gives your friend or relative and their pet a reason to go out and play with the new toys and keeps you from buying something one or the other-or both-don't really care for.
7. Jewelry or Charms: You might come across a necklace or even a set of earrings that matches the breed of dog that your dog lover loves most. They also have charms, if the person has one of those keepsakes. There are actually some very nice pieces in this category, if you look around.
8. A Trainer: Particularly for those who have a new puppy in the house, a dog trainer is an excellent gift. A little more expensive than a sweatshirt, but definitely worth it if it is within your budget.
9. Toys: Sometimes, we can take a little extra time and money and buy directly for the dog. Grab an assortment of toys, or buy what you know the dog likes. When the dog gets the present their owner will surely light up as well.
10. Doggy Day Spa: Be it a simple grooming by a professional, or one of the elaborate doggy day spas-any dog owner would appreciate the professional care and maintenance of their dog for a day.
Make sure to visit the spoiled pet for all your dog training needs this holiday season!