Are you looking for a dog training treat that your dog will absolutely love? One that will make him want to follow your every command?? Well here are a few tips to help you find just the right ones!
1. Be sure and get a dog training treat with a quality protein source. It's important to treat your dog with something that is nutritious. Chicken and venison are two very good quality protein sources.
2. Stay away from any dog treat that has corn, soy, wheat or wheat gluten in it. You need to be looking for an all natural product free of artificial fillers and coloring. Make sure there are NO chemical preservatives. It's so important to read your labels very carefully.
3. Lecithin is very good for your dog so make sure it is on the ingredient list. It has essential fatty acids which help to improve your dog's coat and keep it shiny. It is also a “brain food" that helps to improve brain function. That can come in handy when you are trying to train your dog!
4. Find a dog training treat that is small so you can reward your dog more often. Most importantly, make sure your dog likes the taste of your treat. The better it tastes, the more he will want to please you!
5. Pumpkin kernels are a great addition to a dog training treat. Pumpkin kernels contain lots of protein and vitamins. The oil in the seed has iron, fiber, magnesium, zinc and linoleic acid, which is thought to help with cognitive brain function. Pumpkin kernels also have L-tryptophan in them, known for it calming effects.
6. Last, but not least, vitamin B12 is a must for training treats. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it will help to support the nervous system and brain functioning. B12 is definitely a great brain food!
Want a dog training treat that your dog will love AND that's filled with all the good stuff? You can check out this “great brain food" HERE!