Are you looking for the the best premium canned dog food for your dog? Well here are a few tips to help you find the best!
1. Always make sure there is plenty of quality protein listed in the first few ingredients. Look for quality protein sources like organic chicken, turkey, venison, crab or shrimp. These are very tasty and high quality proteins that your dog will enjoy. Proteins are the essential building blocks of all living organisms and essential for all bodily functions. They are vital to a dog's health.
2. Read the can carefully and make sure that there are no artificial colors, artificial flavors, corn, corn gluten, wheat or wheat gluten in the premium canned dog food that you buy. These are inferior food sources and can contribute to food allergies in dogs.
3. Look for Omega 3 fatty acids. These are wonderful for your dog and contribute to their overall health. They contribute to healthy skin and a shiny coat for your dog. Other important essential oils include avocado oil, olive oil and flaxseed oil.
4. Protein is essential, but make sure there are a variety of fruits and vegetables to compliment the protein. Red potatoes, broccoli, cranberries, basil and parsley are all excellent fruits and vegetables for your dog.
5. Look for a food that contains NO chemical preservatives. A premium canned dog food should have NO harsh chemicals in it. These could cause health concerns for your dog as it ages. BHA, BHT and ethoxoquin are three big no no's when it comes to your dogs food. So again, read the can ingredients carefully.
Here is one quick reminder. . . NO canned dog food on the market, whether it's a premium food or not, has ALL the complete nutrition in it that a dog needs for a balanced diet. This is because water needs to be added to the canned food. Therefore it is very important to buy a premium canned dog food that is nutrient rich and dense.
Canned dog foods are actually meant to compliment dry dog food or are to be given as a treat. So remember to make sure your dog gets a quality dry food to go along with the canned food that you are feeding them. This will give them a complete and balanced diet and hopefully a very long and happy life!
Did you know dogs fed a premium quality dog food live on average 5 or more years longer than dogs fed a lesser quality dog food?
Candice has been in the health and wellness field for the past 11 years and has been educating owners on how to find quality nutrition for their pets.
If you're looking for the best premium canned dog food that your dog will love AND that's filled with all the good stuff, you might want to check out this new tasty premium canned dog food !