Looking for the best canned dog food? Here are a few tips to help you find the best!
1. Choose a canned dog food that is very high quality and all natural. Find one that is formulated, and tested according to nutritional profiles of AAFCO (American Association of Feed Control Officials) for ALL stages of life, both puppy and adult. Bottom line, do your due diligence and get the facts.
2. Look for a food that has high quality proteins like shrimp, turkey, eggs and chicken. When looking at the ingredient list, the first few ingredients should be protein. Protein is a building block and essential to overall good health.
3. If the words “by product" are used, steer clear of that food! By products are the leftover inferior proteins that include, chicken beaks, intestines, feet. . . . . . things you wouldn't want your dog to have. These can be hard to digest.
4. The best canned dog food contains NO chemical preservatives. Feeding food with harsh chemicals in it could cause health concerns for your dog as it ages. Be sure and stay away from BHA, BHT and ethoxoquin.
5. Look for a food that has fresh vegetables like broccoli, cranberries, and parsley as these foods have essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in them. Your dog needs a balance of protein and fruits and vegetables.
Remember, there is NO canned dog food on the market, that has ALL the complete nutrition in it that a dog needs for a balanced diet. This is because water is added to ALL canned food. That's why it's so important to know that the best canned dog food is one that is nutrient rich and dense. Always read your labels so you will know what your dog is getting in their food. After all, they depend on you to make the best decisions for them.
Remember too that canned dog foods are designed to be given along side dry dog food or are to be given as a treat. Make sure your dog gets a premium dry dog food to go along with the canned food that you are feeding them. This will give them a complete and balanced diet and hopefully years of good health and well being!
Did you know that dogs fed a high quality, premium dog food live on average 5 or more years longer than dogs fed lesser-quality food?
Candice has been in the health and wellness field for the past 11 years and has been educating owners on how to find quality nutrition for their pets.
If you're looking for the best canned dog food that your dog will love AND that's filled with all the good stuff, you might want to check out this new tasty food that dogs are saying is the best canned dog food around!
Here's to man's best friend!