Like to feed your dog healthy treats? Here are 5 tips to finding your dog healthy treats they will love!
1. Be sure and feed your dog healthy treats that include the antioxidants vitamin E and rice bran. Both of theses are widely recognized as important antioxidant sources. Not only that, the rice bran has over 70 phytonutrients, which adds significantly to the overall antioxidant value. Antioxidants help to strengthen your dogs immune system.
2. Make sure and stay away from corn, wheat, wheat gluten, soy and soy gluten. These are not good for dogs and have been known to cause allergies. Many manufacturers will use these products as fillers in treats.
3. Always give your dog healthy treats that include multi-grains, fruits and vegetables. Dogs need a wide variety of these along with a protein source.
4. Make sure the protein source in the treats include chicken meal and eggs. These are wonderful protein sources for a dog. But make sure that the protein source does not include the word by products. By products are the leftover protein from the premium cuts that include chicken feet, beaks, etc. This is NOT good for your dog.
5. Check the labels carefully and make sure you feed your dog healthy treats that are free of chemical preservatives, artificial colors and flavors. You have to read your labels and ask yourself if you would eat it! Dogs should not have to eat inferior products that have no nutritional value and can be harmful to them as well.
Did you know that dogs fed a high quality diet live 5 or more years longer that dogs fed a lesser quality diet?
For a complete selection of dog healthy treats, click here !