Many of us would like to own a golden retriever. Therefore it is important to choose the right puppy. Now we do not know what the puppy would turn out to be in future. To ensure that you pick up the right one, which may turn out to be physically and emotionally stable, you need to opt for a puppy from a reputable breeder.
What are the characteristics of a reputable breeder?
Make sure you purchase your golden retriever from a reputable breeder. Following are certain options you’d like to consider while finalizing the golden retriever puppy -
1. Dealer or pet shop - To be very honest, pet shops are not the ideal place to select a puppy from. Most pet shops look at high profit and returns. Unfortunately, they may not give enough attention to the quality of the breed.
2. Backyard Breeders - Again this may not be one of the best choices. A backyard breeder also may not be aware of the characteristics of a reputable breeder. Backyard breeders usually own a few golden retrievers and look forward to breeding their females for puppies. They may be doing it for money or fun, or possibly both. One cannot also pay a high regard to their knowledge about the breed in general. Usually backyard breeders are also not aware of problems associated with breeding.
3. Hobby Breeders - This is the best option so far. Hobby breeders are committed and loyal and they really consider this to be more than their hobby. Hobby breeders care a lot about quality and are really aware of the characteristics of a reputable breeder. While they are aware of the commercial gains that would ensue from the transactions, they would probably take better care in ensuring that you get a fine golden retriever puppy to take home. Besides, they accept responsibility of the golden retrievers puppies that they breed.
What you need to do
- Ensure that you see the mother, and if possible the father as well. This will give you a fair idea of the pedigree of the golden retriever.
- Ask the breeder for health certificates of both the mother and the father, to ensure that the breed does not have any health problems. This is one of the most important ways to check the characteristics of a reputable breeder.
- A golden retriever puppy is usually confident and inquisitive. It also grows up to be a 70-pound easily trainable dog that can socialize with all.
- A golden retriever puppy from a reputable breeder usually has a lighter coat. The color varies a little when they are fully grown. If you’d like to check the color when you are buying the puppy, check the fur on the ears. Also a look at the parents will give you an estimation of the true color
- It is also important to ask more about the puppy when you are purchasing one. Also documents like health certificates and kennel club registrations need to be in place.
A simple search on the Internet can provide you with more details on the characteristics of a reputable breeder. So, what’s stopping you? Go ahead and adopt golden retriever for you and your family.
Looking for information on golden retrievers ? If you are looking for advice on buying a golden retriever or characteristics of reputable golden retriever breeders , visit us now. GoldenRetrieverAdvice.org is a goldmine for information on everything related to golden retrievers.