Previously, we started informing you about hidden hazards in your home, which can harm your pet friend. We explained how plants and food can put your animal at risk and gave you advice on how to prevent that from happening. Now we continue with the rest harmful objects, every responsible pet owner must be aware of.
A holiday could hardly be recognised if it's not for the proper decoration. It brings up the festive mood and cheerful spirit. Party props will beautify your place, but at the cost of endangering your pet animal. For example, can you imagine a cat, resisting shiny moving objects? I most certainly can't. Plastic Easter eggs and other small decoration pieces may cause big problems to your pet's digestive system. This doesn't mean you should give up celebrating and begin to secretly despise your pet for taking all the fun away. You just have to make sure all placed ornaments are animal-proof, to make sure you wont be facing any accidents. To prevent that, professionals recommend placing those pieces on hard to reach places and taking them off right after the holiday. Like they say: “Curiosity killed the cat. ”
We aren't talking about the ones specially designed for pets, we are referring to your kid's toys. Small bright-coloured items, left on the ground, have the same appealing effect on your pet, as they have on kids. Wonder how they can be harmful to a dog or cat? The same way, they can be dangerous for an underaged child. Yes, we are talking about the chocking hazard. So better keep such items hidden, on hard-to-reach places. After all, you can't unteach your pet from being curious. It is in his nature - an instinct, all animals have. Other than that, you might get hurt too, by tripping on them. So, teach your kinds to gather their toys, once they're finished playing. If they're to little, do it by yourself, to avoid putting your pet at risk. Besides, your home will look tidier.
OK, we know what the main job of every dog is - to follow your every step around your house, all the time. We can't get mad about that, it's just too cute and shows how attached your pet is to you. However, there is one place, your animal friend shouldn't be allowed in. It's not the the kitchen, it's your garage. This is the place, where people usually keep all their tools, cleaning solutions, pesticides for the garden and many more. No need for further explanations how that can be dangerous to your pet, all those cleaning and gardening products contain chemicals, which are very harmful, if swallowed. As experts on this matter, professionals from Ealing Cleaning remind you to store all toxic solutions in a place, your pet can't access. Even keep your storage room, or garage locked, if possible. As we already established, animals are born curious.
Now you now the four things, which can put your pet at risk in your home, as well as some smart tips on how to prevent an accident from happening. So, be a responsible owner and take all those safety measures, to make sure your best friend will be safe.