Prenuptial agreement is a contract between two people about to be married that spells as the assets in the event of divorce or death will be distributed. Such agreements have existed for thousands of years, especially in Europe, the Far Eastern cultures, where royal families always made provision to protect their wealth.
Prenuptial agreement is usually drafted with the help of the best family law solicitors Brisbane, to protect personal assets. Prenuptial agreement will often determine the split between current and future assets, the house and other assets between the two sides in the event of a separation or divorce. Prenuptial agreements are not always about two people getting married. Sometimes, they are also about other important people in their lives of the engaged couple.
Prenuptial agreements don’t seem to be “romantic, ” but genuine part of matrimony. But creating a prenuptial agreement forces couples come to a possible problem area in advance with solutions for both parties. Prenuptial agreement is for the economic security of the two people who marry, and more importantly, they help the people they love to protect.
Benefits of Prenuptial Agreement
- i. A prenuptial agreement avoids the court costs and attorney’s fees extra if you talk in divorce court.
- ii. With a prenuptial agreement, you can set forth the details of how your property will be distributed divorce or death.
- iii. You can also protect the family assets and distribute them accordingly with a prenuptial agreement.
- iv. With a prenuptial agreement, you can protect your business assets also. You can specify how much the share must be sold and the period by which your spouse will receive the money.
- v. A prenuptial agreement can guarantee that the assets will be distributed according to their intentions.
What happens when the marriage unfortunately ends in a divorce?
Divorce itself is not particularly complicated legal proceedings, but the best family law solicitors Brisbane is needed to pick up the pieces, sorting financial matter and arrangements for the children.
It is amazing how such affective relationships can be so bitter as theygo wrong. If things go wrong, it is important for married couples know where they stand, and that is why they need a family law solicitor divorce that will help you more.
Whatever the reason for separation, you will need a good separation lawyer North Brisbane to guide your divorce in a conciliatory and constructive approach if possible, be bound.
To obtain a divorce, you must prove to the court that the marriage was broken down irretrievably. You will need at one of the following facts to support:
- i. your spouse has committed adultery
- ii. your spouse has acted in such a way that it is unreasonable for you to be expected to continue living with them
- iii. your spouse has deserted you for certain time
- iv. you and your spouse have lived apart for certain time and your spouse consents to the divorce
Divorce is not the end of the marriage, but merely a formalization of the separation.