For the most part, guys tend to rely on their gut instincts or vibes they get and rarely give much thought to what it is that is generating these impressions.
The real question you should be asking is Should I trust my gut instincts?
Some are more accurate and intuitive than others but in general, we are not very good at picking up on flirting signals.
In a recent scientific test, 100 women were told to flirt with 100 men (using body language). Of the 100 men, How many would you think were able to notice the flirting signals?
THREE! 97% were oblivious.
I use this example because it clearly tells us that we are missing most of what is being communicated to us.
Unfortunately, it translates into many missed opportunities and misunderstandings.
What's the right way?
There are 3 simple steps that you must follow if you want to dramatically improve your ability to detect if she is flirting with you.
1. Tune in to her Body Language. Body Language signals are the most reliable way of detecting a persons true inner feelings.
2. Understand what these signals mean. Interpreting body language signals accurately is not something we are born with. It is an acquired skill.
3. Plan your response. The biggest mistake a guy can make is once they have detected she is interested, they push the envelope and try and go too far too fast. If you want to avoid embarrassment, rejection and the hit your reputation may take, you have to take it slow. No one wants to have there head handed to them. By applying the right techniques, you can slowly escalate intimacy and avoid the above mentioned pitfalls. It's not a race. Enjoy the getting there.
Keeping these 3 steps in mind, here are 10 cues that she is interested in you.
1. She keeps looking over at you attempting to make eye contact. When you establish eye contact with her, she looks down.
2. She smiles at you. Although this may seem obvious, it's important to know the difference between a polite smile and a sincere more intimate smile.
3. She goes out of her way to get you to notice her. For example, if she was across the room when you first made eye contact with her and you notice she has moved in closer to you.
4. Plays with her hair. A Women's hair is a source of power and confidence to them. If you see her twirling her finger through it or throwing it around.
5. She initiates the conversation with you. Keep in mind that many other factors play a role here. How close she stands, what she says are key. Always look for other body language signals that confirm her actions.
6. She laughs at your jokes. Humor can be a very powerful tool in flirting. Having a lighthearted demeanor can expedite intimacy.
7. She asks if you like certain activities. This could be an attempt to establish some common ground and interests with the intention of establishing opportunities to see each other again.
8. She pays you a compliment. If she compliments you on your physique, look for other flirting signs that may accompany the compliment. This is a strong signal.
9. She makes *** comments. Most times they will keep it understated and tasteful, so you should do the same. A crass slip-up is a sure-fire way to ruin the rapport.
10. She touches you. Where she touches you is key, If she touches your arm, that's less obvious. If they progress to your hand or knee, that's a much stronger sign.
Although these cues can be revealing, never put all your weight into one signal. Look for other signals in succession to substantiate your perceptions. I recommend 4 positive signals.
There is no substitute for knowledge. Knowing how to interpret body language flirting signals and how to apply the right techniques and responses to get the desired results will not only have a huge impact on how successful you are at flirting but in all areas of your life.
Rich Douglas is a self improvement newsletter columnist and the creator of *The Body Language Mastering Series" He offers a free mini-course on how you can apply simple body language tips and techniques that will have a significant impact on every area of your life.
Click Here Now => http://www.bodylanguagesecret.com
Click Here Now => http://www.epositivesolutions.com/body-language-products.html
** Attn Ezine editors / Site owners **
Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine, blog, auto-responder, or on your site so long as you leave all links in place, do not modify the content and include our resource box as listed above.