Sharepoint has been an extremely valuable tool in my office. It has prove to be very effective in many areas. Some of my personal favorites are the calendar, the task manager and the custom document libraries.
This brings me to the topic of this article which will be how to add a new document library to your Sharepoint page. I will break this down into a numerically ordered, step by step process.
1. The first step will be to log into your account. You will need to have a login that grants you administrative rights for this task.
2. Once you have logged in, you will notice that there is a tab in the top right hand corner that is titled “Site Actions". Click on this tab.
3. After clicking on the “Site Actions" tab, a drop down menu will appear. There will be 3 options to choose from in this menu. You will want to select the 1st of the 3 options which is entitled “Create".
4. Next, you will be taken to a new page. This page will have 5 Sections spread out in a horizontal fashion. You will want to take your attention to the far left Section which is entitled “Libraries". Right underneath this, there will be an option named “Document Library". Select this option.
5. The next page you will be taken to is an information page. You will be able to create an entirely custom page here.
6. After you have created this page, you will notice that there is a tab that says “Create" in the bottom right hand corner of the page. Click this tab.
And there you have it!
Yes, it is that simple.
I know from personal experience that the whole Sharepoint process can be a bit overwhelming at first sight; however, once you familiarize yourself with the simplicity of its setup it becomes a lot less intimidating.
You can set up your own Sharepoint Hosting account by visiting Sharepoint Hosting , visit http://www.Alentus.com