- The number one seller on the Internet is information.
- Have lots of relevant, free information on your site for your visitors to read, and keep adding more and they’ll keep coming back to read it.
2. Top Ten Lists:
- Always popular are Top Ten Lists … or Top Seven Lists, or whatever number you can come up with.
- A really good Top List can later be expanded and turned into an e-book.
3. News Articles:
- People always like to know what’s the latest and greatest.
- Keep them up to date with your company’s activities with a news page or article.
- You can also keep them up to date with other happenings in your industry.
- A great way to tell your customers how useful your product or service is, is to have interviews with clients, or experts.
- If there is an article in your local paper at any time about you or your business, it can (with permission) be reproduced on your site.
- Or do an interview yourself, with groups or individuals of interest to your target audience and publish it on your website.
- E-zines, Newsletters, Booklets, Bulletins are all publications.
- Choose what fits best for your site and have the information available, plus an archive past editions.
- Free E-books are also publications much in demand.
6. Information Bites:
- Intersperse short information-bites at appropriate places, and change them regularly.
7. Visual Content:
- Your site should be visually pleasing, but not too complicated.
- Ease of navigation is a visual “tool” often overlooked in many “beautiful” sites.
8. Entertaining Content:
- Keep them coming back for more with any items of fun you can include: unusual quotes, jokes, photos.
- If you are selling a book, as excerpt as long as an entire chapter is a great selling tool. In a bookstore you can look through the book before you buy, this is the internet equivalent.
10. Technology Content:
- The choice is ever expanding
- There are audio clips, streaming video, MP3 files and more coming online by the minute.
Fiona MacKay Young is a Business Startup & Career Consultant with a specialty in Online Promotion. http://www.fiona-online.com offers Free Articles and Internet Marketing & Career Coaching Services and articles. © Fiona MacKay Young 2004 You may copy, publish or distribute this document freely, on condition this tag line and information are included intact.