Magento is one of the best online shopping cart software and is the open source content management system. This software is used by many companies in developing their e-commerce website and also run it efficiently and are developing their business day by day as they are able to reach out to their audience on time with their products.
If you are a new business owner who is thinking to launch a new e-commerce website or you already own a website was developed in Magento, then it is the right time to use an upgraded version. Recently Magento has launched a new version of 1.8 with all new exciting features and one must know why he needs to upgrade his Magento based e-commerce site.
• The new upgraded version has been corrected for their errors. Primary being found in rounding the taxes. Now, it’s been corrected so that the buyers are not confused.
• The cache adapters have also been modified, so that they are effective even systems with single servers.
• Earlier, their Redis Cache adapters which have been modified to Magento cache adapters, so linking keywords have become easier in the Magento upgrade version software.
• Many deadlocks in the database have been stopped. So, the person using Magento software based e-commerce website needn’t wait for one action to complete to start another. Multiple actions can be done simultaneously.
• The checkout process has also been improved, which is important for both the company owning the website and the customer.
• The earlier Magento software allowed user name and password to be saved using cryptographic methods which have been removed. This makes the use of the new upgraded version of Magento e-commerce websites safer and one needn’t get worried if his information would be stolen or hacked.
• Re-indexing has become a background process and the updating of products, their rates, categories, etc. can be done easily by the e-commerce site owning company and there is no necessity manual indexing. While re-indexing is happening, the store is not locked for the users and the users can use it even while the process is going on.
• The checkout process has also been modified and irrelevant steps have been removed. So, this has made things more uncomplicated.
• Unnecessary cache clean up is also eliminated when the RSS feed is switched off. This has made the process easier for the user as the RSS cache remembers the sites that the user has frequently visited and stores them in the system, so the retrieval of the favourite sites becomes easier. The important caches are also not deleted.
• The new upgrade version of Magento is also efficient to first match the language of the user and the language of the e-commerce website, so that unnecessary call for translation module is not necessary for sending confirmation e-mails.
By upgrading Magento, one gets to modify a lot of things in his online store, which is going to prove beneficial in a broader perspective. While upgrading, it is always essential that one should consult a professional website developer who provide e-commerce website development services using Magento.
One Creations Limited has a team of professionals, who upgrade Magento software for e-commerce websites, and also offer other services like website development, SEO, CMS development, web hosting, and much more. They are an associate member of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).