There are multiple ways to drive traffic to your website. You can use pay per click, search engine optimization, email marketing, ezine advertising and many more.
One of the strategies that has been neglected in the past but is now taking more and more importance is how to build quality content and use it to get more traffic to your website.
If you have quality content, you can profit from that in several ways to increase your traffic. Here are 4 ways:
(1) Use content to attract the search engines
Search engines love good content and if your site has it, you can profit from that to gain exposure in them. How? You just need to optimize your article with proper relevant keyword phrases related to your content.
(2) Submit content to article directories or article banks
Some websites are in constant need for your valuable content. By submitting your content in the form of articles to the article directories, you increase your chances in getting your articles published on other websites. Many people go to these websites to look for articles which they can reprint for free in exchange for a link back to the author's website. With this marketing strategy, you will increase your traffic because your author bylines at the bottom of your article will generate clicks to your website url.
(3) Submit content to ezine editors related to your industry
Ezine editors are in constant need for information to publish in their newsletters. If you can produce quality content and submit to them on a regular basis, you will receive massive exposure. Imagine your content article is published on several ezines each with only 1,000 subscribers, that adds up fast. Now there are even some big publications with tens of thousands of subscribers. That's definitely huge publicity at no cost.
(4) Use content to get repeat visitors
Without any doubt, content is king on the Internet. People go online to look for information and if your site has good content, you will get repeat visitors and people will stay much more longer on your site, building trust and increasing your sales potential.
To find content, here are some tips:
(1) You can hire someone to write an article for you for instance and pay a fee for each article.
(2) You can write your own content if you have the necessary skills.
(3) You can use other people's content on the condition that you give them proper credit and a link back to their website. If you are submitting articles to article directories or ezine editors, of course this should be your own content that you have written or content that you have paid for to get.
There you have it. Use your own content or other people's content to start driving more traffic to your website. It will pay off in the long run if you continue to build content.
This article can be freely published on a website as long as it's not modified in any way including the author bylines, plus the hyperlink must be made active just like below.
Jean Lam is the editor of Web Biz Secrets Newsletter. Subscribe today for powerful marketing tips and receive his new PDF eBook “3 SureFire Ways To Start An Internet Business And Strategies To Promote It"
Visit his Internet Marketing Resource website.