What is M-Commerce and why do we need it? This question is quite simple but the answer to it may differ depending upon your business needs. M-Commerce is the latest trend in which business firms looking out for online expansion choose to have a mobile website for faster business promotion. Some of the examples where M-Commerce website is presently being used are: iPhone, Nokia N-Series, Samsung Devices and Google’s T-Mobile G1 with Andriod OS.
What is M-Commerce?
M-Commerce is a term used for transactions conducted by mobile phones and personal digital assistants (PDAs) for promotional and financial activities using wireless internet connectivity. Mobile Commerce, commonly referred to as M-Commerce, brings the newest possibility for small business to sell and promote their products and services through the medium of mobile devices.
Ten benefits of having an M-Commerce Site.
- Mobile Usages Increased: Nowadays, mobile usage has increased rapidly due to the evolution of Internet and other mobile technologies. This change has provided seamless opportunities for various online businesses.
- Reach your Customers: Having a mobile commerce site means that you can reach your customers even when they are shopping offline. This makes the shopper more aware of your services and products.
- Compete with Competitors: Do not let your competitors ride onto you by not having an M-Commerce website. Head start you business promotion with a mobile website to stay ahead of the competitors in the market.
- Appeal to an affluent audience: As a recent survey on mobile internet adoption says that, 42% of mobile internet users earn over £40,000 a year, and spend more on their mobile bills.
- Low Development Cost: A mobile website takes very low development cost.
- New Sales Channels: A mobile site creates various new sales channel for you. The more number of marketing channels you have, the higher is your possibility of creating a strong brand name in the market.
- Get Shoppers to Local Channels: By having a mobile site that displays various business details, retailers can attract more local traffic.
- Shoppers like Comparisons: Often customers like to see detail information and price comparisons of products before purchasing. Reevoo & Scoope displays such information in their mobile website. Hence, it is better to optimize your mobile website accordingly to increase your chances of having a successful mobile marketing campaign.
- Smart-Phones are Latest Fashion: Technology has changed the way people use their mobile devices. Most of the people do their shopping by using their mobile device to gather information or to communicate. Hence, by having an M-Commerce website, you make sure that you create your mark amongst all active shoppers.
- M-Commerce is essential part of Business: M-Commerce is now turning out to be an essential part of Internet marketing strategy. With the increased use of Internet in mobile devices, having an M-Commerce website makes a huge difference to your online business campaign.
These Reasons are good enough for any business owner to opt for a mobile website while planning for business expansions. However to implement the above features more effectively Mobile SEO needs to be done.