You have no idea how to drive local traffic to your local business website and you are most likely extremely confused, frustrated, and hungry for knowledge. You truly know the power of the internet and you most likely know business owners that really benefit from having a high traffic website. You want this too. . but do not know a thing about driving local business customers to your website.
I can write an entire book on what you are supposed to to help you drive local traffic to your website, however, I am not going to do this now. Internet marketing is a learning process, and there is a strong learning curve that goes along with this. I will, however, try to give you a bit of direction in this area.
As a business owner in Palm Beach County Florida, my local business has benefited from having a high traffic website on the first page of Google, Yahoo, and MSN. If it were not for my website, I would not have built a business here in Palm Beach County in a few short months.
I am grateful for the internet and all of the benefits that it has brought to my local business. It did take time, however, to evolve in this area, and I did not learn how to market on the internet overnight.
Here are five tips to guide you toward driving targeted local traffic to your website.
1. Make sure you have a search-engine friendly website. If you have a replicated site, your site will not be search friendly. You can call your webmaster and make sure you have meta-tags, and more importantly, keyword rich (local geographical terms) in your title tags.
2. If your website is not search friendly. . . have it redesigned. If you are looking to get search traffic and convert this to local business, you need a search-engine friendly site.
3. Start a blog on your subject matter and point it to your website. Make references to various pages on your website in your blog and use hyperlinks back to your site in your anchor text. (Highlight keyword friendly text in your blog and link it back to your website). Wordpress.com and Blogger.com are very search-friendly blogs.
4. Write a press release about your local company and submit it to various free press release services. ( Do a search on Free Press Releases and more than 20 will come up. )
5. Write articles on subjects directly related to your business. Submit these to various free article directories. Not only will this provide great links back to your website, but readers of your article may add your content to their website if they find it useful!
It is hoped that some of these tips were helpful to you. This is just very basic, and it is really just the tip of the iceberg. Keep reading on the subject matter by doing a search on “local search marketing" You will be amazed at how much you can learn and then apply to your business!
Palm Beach County Local Businesswoman