1. Your Web pages with content should be interested in reading.
As content is king for search engines content in your site should be both unique and interesting. This can improve your impression.
2. Content should be highly focused with keyword phrases. rather than phrases that are too general and competitive.
Specially when there is more competition.
3. Optimize your Web pages for at least three to five keywords at a time.
You should optimize your page for minimum three keywords-for three keywords your page should be highly relevant. for that you need to choose better keywords, choosing keywords is not a game of guessing. It is one science. Write your site's content using the keywords for which users search, and you'll literally be speaking the same language as your visitors.
Useful sites:-Nichebot.com and Wordtracker.com
4. Use regionally specific keywords, when applicable.
If your target is regional than try to choose keywords that are regional.
Example:-you can choose ‘loans in new york’ rather than just ‘loan in USA’ that's why you will get highly targeted visitors and improve your visitor to sales ratio
5. Use the most commonly used variations of your keywords, with keyword research.
Don't choose keywords that are highly competitive(specially when your page rank is low. ) You can choose their synonyms etc. as per i said you need to do some research work for that. also consider some variation that can occur due to typing mistake etc. . .
6. Each optimized page should contain a unique title.
It will some time meaningless if you will choose same title pages more than one. title tags are very important and perhaps you know that searcg engine give lots of weight to title if title of your page will different. than you can get more traffic for more keywords. this is important.
7. Use multiple keywords in your title tags when appropriate.
Choose better title for every page using synonyms etc. . so that you will probably also get traffic for that keywords too. but don't go overboard.
8. Most important keywords appearing above the fold and throughout each optimized page.
First few lines are very important for search engine page relevancy. so write that with special care and using your all main keywords. also include your keywords in other part of page too.
9. Using keywords in hypertext links, whenever possible.
If you will use keywords in hypertext links than your page which you link will improve its page relevancy automatically.
10. Each optimized page contain a unique meta-tag description.
Some search engines still give more weight to meta tags so like title meta tag should be different for each page if possible.
11. Each optimized page contain a unique meta-tag keyword list.
Like meta tags you should also change meta tags wherever possible. and that keywords should also include in page body.
12. Place common misspellings of your keywords within your meta-tag keywords.
Many people using this system to get traffic you can use misspellings in youe meta details and can drive traffic. due to typing mistakes of searchers
13. Your graphic images should contain descriptive keywords within the alternative text attribute, when appropriate.
Google also decide relevancy through name of icons, images etc. . so try to include your keywords in it.
14. If you are submitting pages to non-U. S. search engines. write your pages in the appropriate language if you will not do it. it may possible that in international search engines your rank will down.
Article by Manish - you can contact him at>http://imall.weblodge.net/contact_us.php Manish is the webmaster of http://imall.weblodge.net/. Visit his site for Internet marketing services like search engine submission, directory submission, Link building, and other search engine optimization services